Quote:

Quote:

I had jetted the carb up and down before and it didn't change anything either.
Im starting to wonder if the head flow is where the loss/no change is.
What everybody think?
Combo
72 dart
440/499
comp 540/555 lift solid
otb stealth heads
fenderwell headers
2800 -3200 stall
850 demon on a rpm intake

If you couldn't jet it up rich enough to slow the MPH down in the 1/4 you don't have enough fuel supply I've seen this many, many times in race cars, every body usually under builds the fuel system and never fix it They have enough fuel to as fast as there going until they change the fuel system, there're many gremlins in the fuel system All the way from the fuel filters to the needles and seat sizes and every other part in between the tank and carb. or injection Let us know what you find BTW, my old pump gas Duster, 518 C.I. pump gas Duster, didn't care if it had 3;73 to 4;30 It ended up running high nines through the muffs with the air cleaner on, motor only

That's something I never though of. I only went up a few maybe 4 jet sizes and it didn't change the mph so I went back to where it was. I figured I was in the ball park when nothing happened. It does have a summit electric fuel pump(same as the holley blue pump) and an older style fram big fuel filter that has a paper element inside and the line is I think 1/2 or bigger. The season is over for me so I wont have any good info till next spring. So over winter im going to pull the 3.23s out and I need to figure out what ratio to put back in it. Thinking maybe 3.91s, but not sure though.