03/25/14 09:20 PM
west palm beach, florida
modelmakerinc Offline OP
top fuel
modelmakerinc  Offline OP
top fuel

west palm beach, florida

Quote:

It is easy to buy Holley, Edelbrock, MP, Boyd Wheels, Hooker, etc, and put them on a car to make it as unique as another guy that buys the same parts and makes his car unique. Finding correct parts, bolts, inspection marks, date codes, and even original wheel weights for a car is much more difficult. The best way to be different, is to not be different. I choose to not build a car that anyone else can build out of a Summit Catalog. Which one is better? Your car is shinier and mine took more effort.

Cbusters, I get what you are trying to say but you are not considering what I and many others must do. Many of us who don't have the "popular cars" must be more dedicated and spend as much effort as you.
Find for me in a catalog where I can buy one piece of trim or chrome or sheet metal or model specific part for my Fury. For gripes sake there is even a vendor called B-E and A. Where are the C bodies part suppliers and catalogs? there are none!

I had to do some of what you guys do for a lot of my car, and I couldn't just call a vendor for a part. I got some grief for starting this thread and I think some of you may not consider what it took for me to build my Fury.

Yes, It has plenty of modified non stock/restored parts but it also has just as many that were restored or built to the standard of your paint daub restos.

I don't want to jump through hoops to meet someone elses criteria, just jump through my own., to make my car mine and as well built as any other just not in the "BOX" of "thats not supposed to be like that"

to those who do.

Last edited by modelmakerinc; 03/25/14 09:29 PM.

Exceptional Architectural, Yacht and Automotive scale models. e-mail modelmakerinc@att.net for a portfolio review. www.modelmakerinc.com
Re: Why do you resto guys do what you do? [Re: modelmakerinc] #1592784
03/26/14 08:25 AM
03/26/14 08:25 AM
Florida
cbusters Offline
super stock
cbusters  Offline
super stock

Florida
Quote:

Quote:

It is easy to buy Holley, Edelbrock, MP, Boyd Wheels, Hooker, etc, and put them on a car to make it as unique as another guy that buys the same parts and makes his car unique. Finding correct parts, bolts, inspection marks, date codes, and even original wheel weights for a car is much more difficult. The best way to be different, is to not be different. I choose to not build a car that anyone else can build out of a Summit Catalog. Which one is better? Your car is shinier and mine took more effort.

Cbusters, I get what you are trying to say but you are not considering what I and many others must do. Many of us who don't have the "popular cars" must be more dedicated and spend as much effort as you.
Find for me in a catalog where I can buy one piece of trim or chrome or sheet metal or model specific part for my Fury. For gripes sake there is even a vendor called B-E and A. Where are the C bodies part suppliers and catalogs? there are none!

I had to do some of what you guys do for a lot of my car, and I couldn't just call a vendor for a part. I got some grief for starting this thread and I think some of you may not consider what it took for me to build my Fury.

Yes, It has plenty of modified non stock/restored parts but it also has just as many that were restored or built to the standard of your paint daub restos.

I don't want to jump through hoops to meet someone elses criteria, just jump through my own., to make my car mine and as well built as any other just not in the "BOX" of "thats not supposed to be like that"

to those who do.

It is easy to identify and appreciate effort! I enjoy looking at all cars when we go to shows. That is the place to show off hard work and pride. To not give the impression I am an elitist, we do poorly at local shows because of the flash of modified cars. That is what attracts the public. We have even had judges tell us we would do better if we pulled our painted and hub-capped wheels and put chrome wheels on. We won't because that is not what we wanted to create. Our fun comes from the spectators that are wowed by our results and even the looker that told us that the 67 Road Runner was a better styled car than our 69. We go to car shows to meet "car people" and we understand that there are different tastes. We wanted our car to transport you back to a 1969 Plymouth Dealership. Nobody has ever picked it apart, in fact most have asked for advice or help. I bought my first RR in 1977 and have owned 12 more since. This our first restoration. We have a convertible that will be a mod car because the motor is long gone. "C" bodies are cool, and much more complicated than the basic B bodies. You don't have as many duplicates when you go to a show with your car. We have quite a few. We just use our car as an excuse to go and hang out. We get our reward from knowing that no one else would put 12k miles a year on a car as detailed as ours. We have actually placed just under trailer queens at the Garlits Show two years in a row. That is the ultimate compliment. Again, it is easy to recognize effort.

We may even have parts you are looking for.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4