PA
A
ajcasini Offline
mopar
ajcasini  Offline
mopar
A

PA
I have run a pro tree staggered start in the past. I handled it just like normal full tree and stared into the third amber and when it lit I left. I did this also since I was running two classes and one was full tree one was pro. This race I was foot raking with my roadrunner.

Also did pro tree staggered with my 19 second ranger 15 years ago. Rolled deep took a bump and smashed it. Couldn't red light unless I rolled through. Lol. My best hit deep, with a bump in the truck was like a 40. I remember that race cause I made it to the finals with the truck and tried to bump twice after deep and turned the bottom light out.

Re: Foot braking on a .500 Pro Tree w/3400lb car [Re: nss guy] #1567808
01/25/14 01:04 AM
01/25/14 01:04 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's that like?
Any advantage for a transbrake car same weight have over a foot brake car on a .500 Pro Tree if any?
Just curious

Yea, Jim we are screwed next to transbrake guys. Looking at just the bottom bulb than going to a .500 pro is a different animal. We can do it, just not as consistant as the tranny brake guys will.

Casey

I raced both of you. There's a lot of trans brake cars I'd rather face
Doug

Not so much the transbrake deal, it's the pro tree that's staggered for different dial ins

Lot's of good advice: roll in a little deep, BE Ready.

The car in the other lane dial is 2 tenth's slower, you're on the converter ready for the "flash" to leave...... oops that was his flash not yours and you flinched.

How many people race on a staggered pro tree?

Al? Quicktree? 67/rt, mfr?

NSCA ran a .500 pro tree in N/SS for one season. A lot of guys were slow. I believe that's because they follow the tree down. I don't,it didn't seem to bother me much.
Doug

Re: Foot braking on a .500 Pro Tree w/3400lb car [Re: nss guy] #1567809
01/25/14 01:20 AM
01/25/14 01:20 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's that like?
Any advantage for a transbrake car same weight have over a foot brake car on a .500 Pro Tree if any?
Just curious

Yea, Jim we are screwed next to transbrake guys. Looking at just the bottom bulb than going to a .500 pro is a different animal. We can do it, just not as consistant as the tranny brake guys will.

Casey

I raced both of you. There's a lot of trans brake cars I'd rather face
Doug

Not so much the transbrake deal, it's the pro tree that's staggered for different dial ins

Lot's of good advice: roll in a little deep, BE Ready.

The car in the other lane dial is 2 tenth's slower, you're on the converter ready for the "flash" to leave...... oops that was his flash not yours and you flinched.

How many people race on a staggered pro tree?

Al? Quicktree? 67/rt, mfr?

I have a few times, just see it as a top bulb race. be set on kill. hopefully there will be blinders so you don't have to see the other side.

Re: Foot braking on a .500 Pro Tree w/3400lb car [Re: Quicktree] #1567810
01/25/14 01:56 AM
01/25/14 01:56 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
For me it's not as easy as everyone says when you are used to a full tree. Also I am convinced that either a lighter car or one of the faster AFX cars that react quicker have an advantage. Do I like it --- no but I also don't like the freedom of the NSS rules in this race either but I will be there to race and support the event!!!

Glad to see we have choices and places to race and be with our friends.

Russ

Page 2 of 2 1 2