Norway (old world)
Oyvind Mopar Offline
mopar
Oyvind Mopar  Offline
mopar

Norway (old world)
Quote:

Quote:

Does it matter if part of the cylinder goes through into water? Taking out the whole cylinder sounds a bit extreme to me Not easy guesions but all input is appreciated.

On the other hand, if a thick sleeve is installed, there is not much left of the original cylinder. It may be only one wall that still has enough meat to add strenght to the block.

Oyvind, has there been trouble with the blocks after removing a cylinder and replacing it with a thick sleeve. Have you done more than one from same side?

No, not yet. But I did some special tricks to avoid water leaks, as there is not much support especially in the bottom. Made a small portion with extra clearance to allow RTV against the oiling side, same with the chamfer to allow for RTV. With a flange sleeve I made the top surface flat, but with a sleeve seated in the bottom I added a few hundreds of a mm overheight to allow the sleeve to compress when heads are torqued down. I have done these sleeving jobs for repair only, so one per block only. Be aware that when sleeving the neighbour cylinders distort, so do the final boring after the sleeve(s) is installed. My

Re: X-block sonic test results [Re: Oyvind Mopar] #1553663
01/02/14 03:20 AM
01/02/14 03:20 AM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline
master
GTSDave  Offline
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
DavidDean,

Didn't want to hijack the thread, but I love that pic.

What belly pan are you using? Can't quite tell from the pic you posted if it is an off the shelf item or a custom one, but it looks great. First pic of an A body I have seen with a pan. Was thinking about going with one for my Cuda, but I haven't found much info on them, and kinda figured it had to be something custom.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com
Re: X-block sonic test results [Re: GTSDave] #1553664
01/02/14 01:48 PM
01/02/14 01:48 PM
Lubbock,TX
D
DavidDean Offline
top fuel
DavidDean  Offline
top fuel
D

Lubbock,TX