09/03/13 10:33 PM
09/03/13 10:33 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline OP
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline OP
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
What is the complete process for putting a rear window in my 72 Duster?

I have installed a new headliner and wrapped it around the rear window edges and glued it down.

I then put a new rubber window gasket around the rear window frame but I have not glued it or anything. Does it get glued with weatherstrip adhesive? It looks like the window glass goes inside the outside groove of the rubber gasket, is that correct?

When do the window clips get installed and where's the best place to buy the proper clips?
After all this I imagine the chrome window trim just snaps into the window clips.

Does the rear window force the rubber gasket to lay correctly against the interior headliner or does it need glued to the headliner? Right now the gasket is not touching the headliner properly, just kind of hanging everywhere since the glass isn't installed. Or am I missing some kind of plastic pieces that go around the interior of the rear window?

Also, when do the 2 lower chrome pieces get installed? The are screwed into the trunk area.

Sorry for all the questions, I've never done this before and I do not want to mess it up.
Thanks!

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Re: Duster rear window installation [Re: ProSport] #1495850
09/05/13 10:49 PM
09/05/13 10:49 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline OP
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline OP
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
Well I figured someone has probably installed a rear window in a restoration forum.

I did some googling and someone mentioned that it's best to put the rubber window seal around the window and then install it into the car with a rope with bar soap on the rope, starting at the lower center and work around back down to the lower center.