Fort Pierce, FL
O
Outlaw10_5 Offline
super stock
Outlaw10_5  Offline
super stock
O

Fort Pierce, FL
You might as well not run him, cause if you outrun him you still won't win.

They'll be some nutswinger talking about how it's a streetcar, even tho it broke down every 50 miles or so. How easy it is to forget that when it made it trouble free, it had a different combo.

We outran him with the Dakota. A truck, on a leafspring, a radial, no wheelie bars, a smaller motor with less head, less nitrous, and outweighed him by 400lbs and there were STILL excuses. We have let off the gas, out of gear, and still been faster and quicker than his BEST pass. Yet he is everyone's hero. 7.90's with that combo - for shame.

So, if you race him, be prepared...

"He's on pump gas" - no, he won't be, and NEVER is when it's at the track.
"It's a street car" - if my daily driver broke down that often I'd sell it and get something more reliable. Hell never mind Drag Week, it broke down last time out in Daytona.
"Your car is purpose built" - Like a dyno tuned 600" Predator headed 4 link car on a big tire is run of the mill.
"Blah blah blah" - Followed by some other lame excuse.

I'll keep you guys posted on the top secret race with him and a small block/small tire/stock suspension Malibu coming up...

I'm betting on the 'Bu.

Re: Finally IT happened......Monte told me so LOL [Re: Monte_Smith] #148630
01/03/09 12:53 PM
01/03/09 12:53 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline OP
master
n20mstr  Offline OP
master
N

On the parachute mount
Quote:

I am definitely not defending Eddie here. As most know, I think he runs his mouth too much, is full of hot air and I give him grief often...however...when YOU call a man out and then HE won't come 1,000 miles to race you in your backyard, there is not really a whole lot you can say. Eddie lives in south Florida. He has to drive 400 miles, just to get out of his home state. I am a little out of the way, but Englishtown is 1150 miles for me and Moroso is nearly 900 miles from me. So somehwere around the Tennessee area is halfway for Eddie, not Ohio. That would kinda be like Al Alguire calling me out and them claiming I was afraid, because I would not drive to Phoenix to race him. If you are doing the calling out, you should be willing to travel to prove your point. At least that is how I see it.

Monte

I never said Eddie was afraid.
He wanted me to go to Orlando, cmon is that halfway??? I never wanted him to come to Englishtown, thats only 90 miles for me.

The only reason i called him out was because at some events people come up to me and tell me that i should race him because they are tired of hearing him talk about how fast his car is when in reality it has all the equipment to run in the 6's when its barely in the 7's. I think Eddie is a very good engine builder. But honestly Monte, if you didnt lay your hands on the car it still would be a 8 sec car . Hes got way better car than me, i have NO business being in the next lane.....BUT if the chance presents itself, and i feel im ready, i will go for it. Other than that, i give Eddie the respect and props he deserves.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Re: Finally IT happened......Monte told me so LOL [Re: Outlaw10_5] #148631
01/03/09 01:03 PM
01/03/09 01:03 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Quote:

"He's on pump gas" - no, he won't be, and NEVER is when it's at the track.
"It's a street car" - if my daily driver broke down that often I'd sell it and get something more reliable. Hell never mind Drag Week, it broke down last time out in Daytona.
"Your car is purpose built" - Like a dyno tuned 600" Predator headed 4 link car on a big tire is run of the mill.

obviously you dont like eddied but i remember that old post... he only ran a 9.0 that day or whatever and the dak is all compressioned up... im sure you can dig the old post up..

now if you gonna make fun of him thats cool everyone does but have some integrity in your post!

you know he didnt break down every 50 miles and maybe it was his fault for not testing the car but he finished drag week as everyone else is under the same rules and he won twice and once was the overall... eddies car is a street car... i think everyone here knows it should be faster but eddie is to stubborn to ask for help...

Mopar Performance
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3