08/14/13 02:31 AM
08/14/13 02:31 AM
Port Alberni, British Columbia
MoparDonny Offline
top fuel
MoparDonny  Offline
top fuel

Port Alberni, British Columbia
The driver's name is in the comment boxes below on the youtube page. Hope he comes to his senses and forks out some repair money to the mustang guy.

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: ] #1483724
08/14/13 10:46 AM
08/14/13 10:46 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My guess is

That next year, the insurance will be harder to find

That thought crossed my mind......but it wasn't negligence on the part of any of the track personnel.

Sorry but I beg to differ on that. That incident should not have happened period and if the track staff were doing there jobs they would have stopped the guy before this stupid sht happened. All the tracks should be informed and have the guy and his involved crew permanently banned from all tracks up here. Thankfully no one was injured.

that they are partially to blame, but the major fault falls with the driver. I'm sure no one involved feels too good about it.

Fastest 300
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Crizila] #1483725
08/14/13 10:56 AM
08/14/13 10:56 AM
Chandler, AZ
Duner Offline
top fuel
Duner  Offline
top fuel

Chandler, AZ
Burnout boxes are dangerous.

I watched an alcohol funnycar do a burnout in Tucson.... in reverse, back into the staging lanes and over a bunch of cars. A bunch of stuff got torn up - but luckily nobody got hurt.

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: ] #1483726
08/14/13 11:38 AM
08/14/13 11:38 AM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My guess is

That next year, the insurance will be harder to find

That thought crossed my mind......but it wasn't negligence on the part of any of the track personnel.

Sorry but I beg to differ on that. That incident should not have happened period and if the track staff were doing there jobs they would have stopped the guy before this stupid sht happened. All the tracks should be informed and have the guy and his involved crew permanently banned from all tracks up here. Thankfully no one was injured.

They should have not been allowed to start the FC until the other two cars had made the turn to the return road!

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: StealthWedge67] #1483727
08/14/13 01:15 PM
08/14/13 01:15 PM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
G

in a cattle trailer down by th...
Quote:

Quote:

I think one of my policies cover my car everywhere but when actually traveling down the track.

You might be kidding yourself..... I'd be shocked if there's a policy on the planet that will cover damages encurred from being hit by another car while on a racetrack with both cars in the midst of competition. And make no mistake, to a insurance adjuster, both of these cars were in the act of racing at the time of this incident. The policy that covers this sort of thing is: "NOT BEING A COMPLETE IDIOT AND FOLLOWING THAT UP WITH BEING A COMPLETE JERK", which is a policy we should all strive to follow, and most of us do a great job of.

There are indeed policys that cover race cars in competition, and insurance does cover stupidity. I see it everyday.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Guitar Jones] #1483728
08/14/13 02:12 PM
08/14/13 02:12 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Quote:

So thats how they do it up in Canada eh?

A55hole !!!

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Stanton] #1483729
08/14/13 04:51 PM
08/14/13 04:51 PM
P
Paul_Fancsali Offline
master
Paul_Fancsali  Offline
master
P

After having an idiot hit me staging lanes back in 1975, I refuse to race anything that was not paid for in full. As far as the F?C leaving so be it I got back at the a**** later on as guess what there is no insurance period on the cars on the track itself. I do believe the track has to have some on personal injury despite the waiver sign off

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Paul_Fancsali] #1483730
08/14/13 04:58 PM
08/14/13 04:58 PM
Overpriced Housing Central
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here
RobX4406  Offline
I Live Here

Gordy "Smart" oh the irony!!!! LMAO

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Stanton] #1483731
08/14/13 05:21 PM
08/14/13 05:21 PM
CT
GTX MATT Offline
master
GTX MATT  Offline
master

CT
Quote:

Quote:

A55hole !!!

No "S" keys on the key board up there either?

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: GTX MATT] #1483732
08/14/13 07:38 PM
08/14/13 07:38 PM
PORT ALBERNI , BC., CANADA
superwrench Offline
master
superwrench  Offline
master

PORT ALBERNI , BC., CANADA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A55hole !!!

No "S" keys on the key board up there either?

We'll leave it at that.....no hard feeling on this end.

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: superwrench] #1483733
08/15/13 10:22 AM
08/15/13 10:22 AM
In the tower
RonTheAnnouncer Offline
master
RonTheAnnouncer  Offline
master

In the tower
I've seen pics and videos from your airport track...props to you guys doing good with the facility you have! I've been to Vancouver Island, and it's probaby the prettiest place I've travelled to.
Insurance may be a tad more expensive, but not much more. If no one was badly injured, and no claim made on the insurance, there shouldn't be a problem. My suggestion would be to make sure that every driver and crew member would be told that no one is to start their burnout until a TRACK CREW member gives the sign.
Unbeleivable that the FC guys bailed like that. What a bunch of spineless cowards.

Ron H.
"Just when you think you have all of the answers...I change the questions!" "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: RonTheAnnouncer] #1483734
08/15/13 01:39 PM
08/15/13 01:39 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
I have seen the same thing happen at the Winternationals in 1975 or 1974 when a driver in a 1964 Plymouth Beledere M.W. B/SA ran into a former winternational winner(Marcel Cluotueir(SP?) in stock. The Belevedere ran into the back of the 1969 Mustang C/SA doing a burnout before the Mustang was even staged No more burn outs allow to start until the other pair of cars had taken off from the starting line after that.The Plymouth owner told the Mustang racer to pound sand also NHRA use to run sportmans cars through the timers like a bunch of kindergarten kids getting free candy at the school cafeteria If I was the Mustang owner in this deal I would be talking to the track owner and thier insurance company, if that didn't work I would be seeing if I could get a young smart humgry lawyer to help me Stuff happens at the race track, when it involves stupity or negligenced(SP?) someone should pay

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Guitar Jones] #1483735
08/23/13 06:24 PM
08/23/13 06:24 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think one of my policies cover my car everywhere but when actually traveling down the track.

You might be kidding yourself..... I'd be shocked if there's a policy on the planet that will cover damages encurred from being hit by another car while on a racetrack with both cars in the midst of competition. And make no mistake, to a insurance adjuster, both of these cars were in the act of racing at the time of this incident. The policy that covers this sort of thing is: "NOT BEING A COMPLETE IDIOT AND FOLLOWING THAT UP WITH BEING A COMPLETE JERK", which is a policy we should all strive to follow, and most of us do a great job of.

There are indeed policys that cover race cars in competition

Ya, show me one. I agree with most of the " guy was stupid " comments, but he is not legally bound to pay for any damages he caused. Everyone ( spectators, pit crew, drivers,) should read the disclaimer on the back side of their admission tickets - yes, it is in VERY SMALL print. Basically all the above wave their rights to any and all liabilities once they buy that ticket and step on to the track grounds. " holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued." The track, owner and all it's personnel are also released by the holder from any claims arising from ........take your pick . And if you think your insurance company will cover you, you are sadly mistaken. Your coverage stops when you buy that ticket and step on to the track grounds. This holds true for a lot of sporting activities. Check out you ball park stub.

Fastest 300
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Crizila] #1483736
08/26/13 01:54 PM
08/26/13 01:54 PM
P
Paul_Fancsali Offline
master
Paul_Fancsali  Offline
master
P

Both sides lose There is no insurance and frankly after having car hit at track from behind I would not pay any claim either if I would hit someone Too bad The track should cover but they indemnify themselves with the sign in sheet. Frankly I find is amazing to see new Mega dollar cars on track with risk involved, if your rich fine but most are just average joe's

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Paul_Fancsali] #1483737
08/26/13 02:19 PM
08/26/13 02:19 PM
Puyallup, WA
S
StealthWedge67 Offline
master
StealthWedge67  Offline
master
S

Puyallup, WA
Quote:

Both sides lose There is no insurance and frankly after having car hit at track from behind I would not pay any claim either if I would hit someone Too bad The track should cover but they indemnify themselves with the sign in sheet. Frankly I find is amazing to see new Mega dollar cars on track with risk involved, if your rich fine but most are just average joe's

So just to make sure I'm understanding you: You're saying that if you hit someone from behind in a moment of stupidity such as this, you WOULDN'T help the guy out, but you think the TRACK SHOULD pay up for your stupidity?!!

I hope Im missenterpreting your comment, but IF this is indeed what you're saying; You might be the same sort of jerk numerous people have referenced above in this thread. What the hell would make you think someone, ANYONE, else should be responsible for your actions?

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Crizila] #1483738
08/26/13 03:18 PM
08/26/13 03:18 PM
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here
RobX4406  Offline
I Live Here

Negligence? How's that factor into the disclaimer?

There's plenty of that to spread around in this case.

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: RobX4406] #1483739
08/26/13 07:03 PM
08/26/13 07:03 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Negligence? How's that factor into the disclaimer?

There's plenty of that to spread around in this case.

It doesn't figure in. It's just another word for stupid - and we all do stupid [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] now and then. The bulk of us would pay for damages we caused to someone else's stuff, because it is the right thing to do - but by law we wouldn't have to. It's a little scary when you think about it because there are some who have mucho $ tied up in their cars. IMHO, a race track is not a play ground or a Bar - or a golf course . Call me a woosy, but I don't need any help being stupid. The guy that got rear ended could have been on a motorcycle. It aint all just about the $!

Fastest 300
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Crizila] #1483740
08/26/13 10:29 PM
08/26/13 10:29 PM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ya, show me one. I agree with most of the " guy was stupid " comments, but he is not legally bound to pay for any damages he caused. Everyone ( spectators, pit crew, drivers,) should read the disclaimer on the back side of their admission tickets - yes, it is in VERY SMALL print. Basically all the above wave their rights to any and all liabilities once they buy that ticket and step on to the track grounds. " holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued." The track, owner and all it's personnel are also released by the holder from any claims arising from ........take your pick . And if you think your insurance company will cover you, you are sadly mistaken. Your coverage stops when you buy that ticket and step on to the track grounds. This holds true for a lot of sporting activities. Check out you ball park stub.

anyone more than a year out of law school can beat that "waiver"

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1483741
08/26/13 10:48 PM
08/26/13 10:48 PM
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here
RobX4406  Offline
I Live Here

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep,

You can't waiver negligent acts.

Who is in charge of the track? The guy/crew in his FC or the track and crew?

When a Fuel car of any nature or Top Alcohol cars come to the line, you'd think, maybe, just maybe, you need to take MORE care in how you allow that particular vehicle to enter the racing surface.

The track and crew screwed the pooch on the first count by not controlling the staging lanes/burnout box. The idiot driving the FC carried on the negligence by doing a burnout when he supposedly couldn't see clearly in front of the car because of glare... REALLY??? Last I checked it's not the wild west coming into the burnout box.

This incident is in no way the same as getting hit in the noggin by a foul ball, or getting clipped by a puck at a hockey game.

Re: Danger from the burnout box [Re: RobX4406] #1483742
08/27/13 01:57 AM
08/27/13 01:57 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep,

You can't waiver negligent acts.

Who is in charge of the track? The guy/crew in his FC or the track and crew?

When a Fuel car of any nature or Top Alcohol cars come to the line, you'd think, maybe, just maybe, you need to take MORE care in how you allow that particular vehicle to enter the racing surface.

The track and crew screwed the pooch on the first count by not controlling the staging lanes/burnout box. The idiot driving the FC carried on the negligence by doing a burnout when he supposedly couldn't see clearly in front of the car because of glare... REALLY??? Last I checked it's not the wild west coming into the burnout box.

This incident is in no way the same as getting hit in the noggin by a foul ball, or getting clipped by a puck at a hockey game.

No, you can't waiver negligent acts, but you do have to prove them ( sue the track and the driver ). My comparison to other sports was only related to what the ticket stubs say. Proving negligence (in this case ) probably wouldn't be too hard. In other scenarios, ( clutch explosion, poor track prep, etc. ) not so clear cut. Lawyer would win for sure.

Fastest 300
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4