USA
R
ramairthree Offline OP
enthusiast
ramairthree  Offline OP
enthusiast
R

USA
the 120 inch wheel base LX cars like the Charger, Chrysler 300.

It seems like they cut inches out of the middle of the LX, to get to the 117 inch wheel base 68-70 Charger wheel base.

Then they keep the unibody/firewall/dash/instruments/drivetrain/interior,
and graft the classic Charger body minus the floor onto it.

It looks like the front fender to door wheel opening area is off also and something done there. I am not sure if the front wheel opening and shortening in the middle of the body both have to be done, or it is one or the other.

I have not seen threads or pictures of a classic second gen Charger built on the 116 inch wheel base LX Challenger. Have any of you? I was wondering if it requires the LX body cut, material removed, and then welded back together.

My dream project one day, is to recreate the car I first remember riding in, but it would cost too much to buy (Mom's 69 Daytona- sold in 76).

An LX base Hemi salvage car, with a 70 body/hood/fenders/ vega plug rear window, trunk mods, nose and wing kit could probably be done for under 15K total in parts. Then the hard work. I don't see building a nice Daytona clone all classic, or in the modern version like I describe, for a whole lot under 50K worth of parts, man hours, etc.

Re: I have seen some second gen Chargers built on... [Re: ramairthree] #1449350
06/08/13 03:31 PM
06/08/13 03:31 PM
colorado
A
a12superbee Offline
master
a12superbee  Offline
master
A

colorado
Here's a great thread from the project section of a road runner under the knife.
Should give you an idea of what needs to be done to do it right.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I can't afford this. mark