10/28/08 09:46 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Clair_Davis Offline
master
Clair_Davis  Offline
master

Fort Worth, TX
Quote:

Evidently never rally looked at or compared them in a real world application. Are they worth it at teh price collectors are willing to pay for them? IMO - no not when you can get a new style magnum manifold that will perform just short of as well for a lot less $$$.

I've absolutely looked at them, up close and in person - I owned a set that I was going to run on my Barracuda when I had cruiser plans for it. When I decided to put the 340 in my Valiant instead and go more hotrod with it, I sold the manifolds and got TTI's.

The resto guys are stuck, they have to have those manifolds or they're not restored, and the fact is that when our cars were new, lots of guys dumped the manifolds in the trash because they sucked. The folks that just want them for whatever reason are reducing the supply, so the price goes up, and the resto guys are forced to pay more. And they will because in the end, their cars will be worth more with the manis than without.

So, are the 340 manifolds worth the $$$$? If you NEED them, yes. If you just want them to have them, then it's a judgement call. If you're looking for performance, no.

Clair

Re: 340 exhaust worth the extra $$$$? [Re: Clair_Davis] #141802
10/29/08 08:00 PM
10/29/08 08:00 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline OP
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline OP
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
Lotta sound advice here. Looks likr they do flow, but might be worth the less cash to go with headers or custom ones for the same amount of cash.

Page 2 of 2 1 2