01/03/13 05:15 PM
A Banana Republic near you.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

D Pellitier Finally someone that has a clue. If you read my post closely I say why do you need to call it a FAKE tag.

You sound like the same whiny little girls that get their panties in a wad when someone calls their RECREATION what it is , a CLONE ...

And if you think that tags with typos are the NORM ... ...

Re: fender tag font style [Re: JohnRR] #1360443
01/03/13 06:40 PM
01/03/13 06:40 PM
68gtx Offline
enthusiast
68gtx  Offline
enthusiast

Again no one said they were the norm. But they are out there. So even some of the factory original tags have wrong or deleted or left out info on them. The factory made FAKE tags too!!! This will be last post on the subject.

. You almost hurt the one feeling I had left. NOT!!!

Re: fender tag font style [Re: YYZ] #1360444
01/03/13 06:41 PM
01/03/13 06:41 PM
jersey shore
F
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas
flypaper  Offline
I hate Texas
F

jersey shore
Quote:

Quote:

this logic cracks me up

a valid reason doesn't make a fake tag any less fake!

if a stupid missing piece of tin bothers you so much
put a blank one on the car!

that is the most "correct" way

Actually, using your logic one would not be permitted to replace any part of the car that was removed, damaged/rusted etc because. Or if one were to replace that part with one of the correct size and type it would be deemed 'fake'. Alternatively, if one really wanted the part replaced - one must replace it with something that does not appear original.

A bit of a stretch for even the most anal of car hobbyists.

A better approach:
Fake tag: one made with the intent to deceive or lack of approriate care to ensure its accuracy - no disclosure made

Reproduction tag: one made to replace a damaged or missing original, using the best available knowledge to do so (original tag, rubbing, photograph, BCS etc) - full disclosure made

nope
i'm talking about a single part that is unique to each car
once gone it cannot be duplicated..
most of the other parts can be duplicated or interchanged between cars ..
imo
the only tags that are accurate "reproductions"
have been copied from a existing tag
not something reverse engineered from a piece of paper
or imagination by some
so called "expert"

don't twist my logic or words!
i will be happy to explain if you do not understand!

you can go with the logic that a faketag is better
then none at all
all a fake tag does for me,
is put everything in question!
i've heard plenty of stories..

Re: fender tag font style [Re: ek3] #1360445
01/03/13 07:34 PM
01/03/13 07:34 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Here's the point I think JohnRR was trying to make but as always these threads take a turn for the worse. For years with the A12 cars we had many, many threads on "painted or unpainted" fender tags on A12 or Lynch Road assembled cars and the more we discussed the tags the more we found newly made tags that were not original but getting so good that it was getting hard to tell. Well we realized that the makers of tags were following right along and even asking questions of how can you tell the differences? That's when we decided that if we wanted to know something about a specific tag that we would discuss it by PM, email or phone so that we could at least keep some of the telltales from being discovered. Wouldn't it be nice if you could get on a public forum with the U.S. Treasury and asked them how you could make your "reprint" money so good that even they couldn't spot your "reprint". And you could tell them that the only reason that you wanted to "reprint" a couple of million was because you had it in a nice suitcase but the suitcase got lost or stolen with the original money in it......

So now if a tag is really not worth any value to the car then why do we need to make it soooo perfect that it can't be spotted from an original, is it kind of like "reprinted" money. Again kind of like color copying a hundred dollar bill and everytime you copy it you somehow change the serial number......what do you think someone is doing if they did that just wanting to copy some money or pass it off as..............I just hope the tag producers NEVER find out how to make all of them perfect.

Carry on with letting them know what they need to do so you can't tell one from an original....that's why security companies always hire the ex-cons to help the security company do their job better

Re: fender tag font style [Re: flypaper] #1360446
01/03/13 07:35 PM
01/03/13 07:35 PM
bethlehem pa
M
mikemee1331 Offline
master
mikemee1331  Offline
master
M

bethlehem pa
didn't i read the the original broadcast sheet was misplaced and the only documention left was the window sticker? maybe i've confused all these threads...

Re: fender tag font style [Re: mikemee1331] #1360447
01/03/13 07:42 PM
01/03/13 07:42 PM
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

didn't i read the the original broadcast sheet was misplaced and the only documention left was the window sticker? maybe i've confused all these threads...

No he says has the broadcast sheets .

Re: fender tag font style [Re: 68gtx] #1360448
01/03/13 07:45 PM
01/03/13 07:45 PM
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

Again no one said they were the norm. But they are out there. So even some of the factory original tags have wrong or deleted or left out info on them. The factory made FAKE tags too!!! This will be last post on the subject.

. You almost hurt the one feeling I had left. NOT!!!

Thank God ...

There are other things on the tags , depending on the plant , that are NOT on the REPOP (FAKE ), this is one of the things that make them easier to spot , I'll accept a factory mistake tag over a supposedly correct repop (FAKE )

Re: fender tag font style [Re: 68gtx] #1360449
01/03/13 08:39 PM
01/03/13 08:39 PM
Harlan, Iowa
69CoronetRT Offline
master
69CoronetRT  Offline
master

Harlan, Iowa
Quote:

So even some of the factory original tags have wrong or deleted or left out info on them. The factory made FAKE tags too!!!

Do you have any pictures of those types of tags you can share?

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!
Re: fender tag font style [Re: JohnRR] #1360450
01/03/13 08:40 PM
01/03/13 08:40 PM
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
D
DPelletier Offline
I Live Here
DPelletier  Offline
I Live Here
D

Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Not to pile on or pic nits, but it is impossible for the factory to make a "fake" tag. They can (and did) make original tags with mistakes on them, but that is something totally different.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]
Re: fender tag font style [Re: JohnRR] #1360451
01/03/13 09:06 PM
01/03/13 09:06 PM
bethlehem pa
M
mikemee1331 Offline
master
mikemee1331  Offline
master
M

bethlehem pa
Quote:

Quote:

i don't think so John - https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...part=1&vc=1 "yes Barry , thats the one. just wonder what a range of value on a real car would be [in restored cond]? I have plans to restore it and correcting the wrong on the car by a well known shop. I have the origional window sticker as well as photos from back in 71 up to just before it was stolen. I had the origional build sheets , however i have not been able to find them as of just yet.I was told the car was being passed around with real b.sheets ,but i know they were faked also! any ideas on how many 1971 440-6 shaker 4 speed challengers are known to exhist?" , unless i've missed where he has found them what with all the threads......

Re: fender tag font style [Re: DPelletier] #1360452
01/03/13 10:18 PM
01/03/13 10:18 PM
Harlan, Iowa
69CoronetRT Offline
master
69CoronetRT  Offline
master

Harlan, Iowa
Quote:

....it is impossible for the factory to make a "fake" tag. They can (and did) make original tags with mistakes on them, but that is something totally different.

Dave

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!
Re: fender tag font style [Re: A12] #1360453
01/03/13 10:27 PM
01/03/13 10:27 PM
MYRTLE BEACH SOUTH CAROLINA
E
ek3 Offline OP
top fuel
ek3  Offline OP
top fuel
E

Quote:

Here's the point I think JohnRR was trying to make but as always these threads take a turn for the worse. For years with the A12 cars we had many, many threads on "painted or unpainted" fender tags on A12 or Lynch Road assembled cars and the more we discussed the tags the more we found newly made tags that were not original but getting so good that it was getting hard to tell. Well we realized that the makers of tags were following right along and even asking questions of how can you tell the differences? That's when we decided that if we wanted to know something about a specific tag that we would discuss it by PM, email or phone so that we could at least keep some of the telltales from being discovered. Wouldn't it be nice if you could get on a public forum with the U.S. Treasury and asked them how you could make your "reprint" money so good that even they couldn't spot your "reprint". And you could tell them that the only reason that you wanted to "reprint" a couple of million was because you had it in a nice suitcase but the suitcase got lost or stolen with the original money in it......

So now if a tag is really not worth any value to the car then why do we need to make it soooo perfect that it can't be spotted from an original, is it kind of like "reprinted" money. Again kind of like color copying a hundred dollar bill and everytime you copy it you somehow change the serial number......what do you think someone is doing if they did that just wanting to copy some money or pass it off as..............I just hope the tag producers NEVER find out how to make all of them perfect.

Carry on with letting them know what they need to do so you can't tell one from an original....that's why security companies always hire the ex-cons to help the security company do their job better

I knew nothing about said agreement to discuss fender tag "issues " by pm or other . I, of all people would be first in line to stop the fake stuff going on. The reason for the post was mostly due to the fact that my car had a fake tag and i was curious if the fake one had the correct font. i wondered just how good of a fake tag they had made for this car ? yes , i would love to have the orig. tag and i do think it is out there . mabe we can use the fake one i have as a warning tag !

Re: fender tag font style [Re: ek3] #1360454
01/03/13 10:40 PM
01/03/13 10:40 PM
bethlehem pa
M
mikemee1331 Offline
master
mikemee1331  Offline
master
M

bethlehem pa
now maybe you can see why everyone that follows 'numbers' and such gets all brisly on the subject. there are so many member that come and go and at least double the number of anonymous viewers all the time.

Re: fender tag font style [Re: YYZ] #1360455
01/03/13 11:35 PM
01/03/13 11:35 PM
E
ek3 Offline OP
top fuel
ek3  Offline OP
top fuel
E

Quote:

Considering the unique circumstances surrounding this car, along with significant other documentation the making of a correct reproduction tag to replace the removed original is not unreasonable.

Done correctly, they will also have fewer options than the tags the car has been wearing for the last 15-20 years or so.

Given the car's relatively high profile and rarity (1 of 129 US-spec 4-speed V-code '71 Challenger R/Ts), it's unlikely anyone would have any success with 'amnesia' during a future sale - even if they chose to attempt it.

As the car has passed through a chain of some of the biggest names in the Mopar hobby, [ IMHO there is a good chance that the original tags exist somewhere. It would be nice if they found their way to the poster, even if sent anonymously.... ANY IDEAS ON THIS ONE. ? MABE THAT COULD BE MY NEXT POST !

Re: fender tag font style [Re: mikemee1331] #1360456
01/04/13 02:07 PM
01/04/13 02:07 PM
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i don't think so John - https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...part=1&vc=1 "yes Barry , thats the one. just wonder what a range of value on a real car would be [in restored cond]? I have plans to restore it and correcting the wrong on the car by a well known shop. I have the origional window sticker as well as photos from back in 71 up to just before it was stolen. I had the origional build sheets , however i have not been able to find them as of just yet.I was told the car was being passed around with real b.sheets ,but i know they were faked also! any ideas on how many 1971 440-6 shaker 4 speed challengers are known to exhist?" , unless i've missed where he has found them what with all the threads......

thanks Mike , I misread HAD as HAVE ...

Re: fender tag font style [Re: ek3] #1360457
01/04/13 02:08 PM
01/04/13 02:08 PM
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

Quote:

Quote:

I knew nothing about said agreement to discuss fender tag "issues " by pm or other . I, of all people would be first in line to stop the fake stuff going on. The reason for the post was mostly due to the fact that my car had a fake tag and i was curious if the fake one had the correct font. i wondered just how good of a fake tag they had made for this car ? yes , i would love to have the orig. tag and i do think it is out there . mabe we can use the fake one i have as a warning tag !

Can we see a picture of the tag ? But even if has has what appears to be the correct font there are other things that will make it easy to spot and NOT ORIGINAL to the car ...

Is NOT ORIGINAL better than FAKE for those with their panties wadded high up their crack ? ???

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3