10/12/12 11:51 AM
10/12/12 11:51 AM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
I'll like to get a set done in the near future hopefully thing will be sorted out then ...........

Re: modern cyl head [Re: racerx] #1315175
10/12/12 12:49 PM
10/12/12 12:49 PM
nielsville, minn.
Q
quickd100 Offline
master
quickd100  Offline
master
Q

nielsville, minn.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's been a few years since I had mine done, two sets of Eddys about 1 year apart. Both sets were on my doorstep before the work was even paid for. Maybe I was lucky.

He did the same to my 572-13 heads. Cnc ported them and they arrived before I even paid for them.

Now correct me if i'm wrong but does Jeff hand ports these heads or he has an cnc program?That probably explain why there's guys that has had there heads in his shop for months.

That may be, when I first contacted him I told him EXACTLY what set of heads I had and what I wanted done. He said the typical turnaround was 2-3 weeks. If he's said he couldn't get at them right away that would have been fine with me, I'd have gone shopping for a shop that could get them done in a timely fashion. Dave

Re: modern cyl head [Re: quickd100] #1315176
10/12/12 01:39 PM
10/12/12 01:39 PM
Sunnyvale, CA
Jeepmon Offline
master
Jeepmon  Offline
master

Sunnyvale, CA
I shipped off a set of B1 Orig to Jeff back in October of last year... He was to CNC port them along with some other modifications..

When 5 months rolled around and I hadnt heard from him, I started making several unanswered phone calls and emails.. it got so bad that I was looking for available flights to Michigan.. then I finally caught him on the phone.. told him of my time crunch as I was getting a motor ready for the racing season and got the heads back within a couple weeks later..

The price for the work was EXTREMELY reasonable, the quality of the work was top notch and the heads flowed more than anyone expected..

Re: modern cyl head [Re: quickd100] #1315177
10/12/12 01:59 PM
10/12/12 01:59 PM
Highland beach Fl
P
poisondart2 Offline
enthusiast
poisondart2  Offline
enthusiast
P

Highland beach Fl
WOW I was reading this as I have for years and the only thing that comes to mind is sheep. One gets so caught up in thinking that this guy is the only person that can do heads or can do them the best.I have not or will ever send a head Mopar or any other brand I have to him as I have read his posts over the years.When he was sick how many posts were there to support him? and yet he is to busy to get back with you.Two years and Mopartoby is still nice to him bigger man than I.He did have the time to post on the Airwolf post and from what I read I quess he saw competion in the head buisness for a lower price so of course those heads are worthless. I dont ever recall Quickd100 posting anything bad about anyone.T-boomer said one man shop,well if one has to much work tell the customer so or better yet hire someone for help. ba-ba

Re: modern cyl head [Re: poisondart2] #1315178
10/12/12 04:39 PM
10/12/12 04:39 PM
Baltimore/Denver
64Post Offline
master
64Post  Offline
master

Baltimore/Denver
Quote:

WOW I was reading this as I have for years and the only thing that comes to mind is sheep. One gets so caught up in thinking that this guy is the only person that can do heads or can do them the best.I have not or will ever send a head Mopar or any other brand I have to him as I have read his posts over the years.When he was sick how many posts were there to support him? and yet he is to busy to get back with you.Two years and Mopartoby is still nice to him bigger man than I.He did have the time to post on the Airwolf post and from what I read I quess he saw competion in the head buisness for a lower price so of course those heads are worthless. I dont ever recall Quickd100 posting anything bad about anyone.T-boomer said one man shop,well if one has to much work tell the customer so or better yet hire someone for help. ba-ba

When you can provide the quality, performance, value and trophies that his work provides then I'll use you.

Sure, other guys can hand port heads, sometimes with matching or better results, but those guys are few and far between. Their numbers are happy or the heads crack. Jeff's work is consistent and his numbers aren't inflated.

Are hand porters going to flow every port to ensure consistency? If so, how much extra time is that going to cost?

While Jeff's machine is running he's assembling heads, doing valves, etc. When a hand porter is porting heads he can't do other work. This efficiency shows up in Jeff's pricing, which I find to be very reasonable for the performance gain. A sole proprietor that is on the phone or computer all day isn't working on your heads.

Signed,

A Sheep

Re: modern cyl head [Re: racerx] #1315179
10/12/12 04:54 PM
10/12/12 04:54 PM
Mt.Vernon IL
Twin Turbo Mower Offline
super stock
Twin Turbo Mower  Offline
super stock

Mt.Vernon IL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's been a few years since I had mine done, two sets of Eddys about 1 year apart. Both sets were on my doorstep before the work was even paid for. Maybe I was lucky.

He did the same to my 572-13 heads. Cnc ported them and they arrived before I even paid for them.

Now correct me if i'm wrong but does Jeff hand ports these heads or he has an cnc program?That probably explain why there's guys that has had there heads in his shop for months.

Yes cnc ported.

Re: modern cyl head [Re: poisondart2] #1315180
10/13/12 12:49 AM
10/13/12 12:49 AM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

If people like your work they`re willing to wait as long as possible but I can understand class/bracket racers gettin upset when it takes longer than planned. Sounds like he can use a hand and I`d love the opportunity to work along side someone like Jeff especially when I hear the quality is there and that`s what`s most important even if I have to wait a bit longer. How can I reach him? Worse he can say is no........ Left a message..............you never know.........

Last edited by Thumperdart; 10/13/12 01:13 AM.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: modern cyl head [Re: dodgeram1998] #1315181
10/13/12 01:34 AM
10/13/12 01:34 AM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
One option in the past was to buy complete heads from Mancini Racing that had been ported by MCH. Mancini used to send heads over to MCH for porting and then sell them as complete ready to run assemblies. Not sure if they still do that or not, but it might be worth a call to Mancini.

I have a couple sets of MCH heads on various engines. My EZ heads were done by MCH with a little touch up by Dwayne. Those heads are good for well over 800 hp on my 514 dyno mule. That is about as good as it gets with the EZ head. I also have a set of Mopar 452 heads which came from Mancini Racing with the full MCH port work. Those are really nice heads.

Re: modern cyl head [Re: poisondart2] #1315182
10/13/12 01:57 AM
10/13/12 01:57 AM
campbell river B.C
M
mopartoby Offline
enthusiast
mopartoby  Offline
enthusiast
M

campbell river B.C
Quote:

Im pretty sure we ain't sheep. Last i checked all mopar lovers march to the beat of their own drum! As for being nice i could show you some of the emails i've sent . I'd fly down there and get them myself but your homeland security says im not allowed in your country.

Re: modern cyl head [Re: Twin Turbo Mower] #1315183
10/13/12 08:58 AM
10/13/12 08:58 AM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes cnc ported.

Nice #'s

Re: modern cyl head [Re: racerx] #1315184
10/14/12 10:33 AM
10/14/12 10:33 AM
NJ
SSDAcuda Offline
super stock
SSDAcuda  Offline
super stock

NJ
I wonder why he doesn't answer the phone… Because he's too busy working! And I bet everytime that phone rings it adds a little stress to his day! I have a friend that does chassis work that is a Da-Vinci with moly tubing, but stops welding and answers the phone with a very negative attitude because his precious time is wasted. Usually loses the job with his bad attitude! I joked with him that he needs a big breasted girl to answer the phone, deal with the customers and tell him which order to finish the work, first in-first out, LOL!!!

If your done waiting for Jeff, pick your heads up and take them to another top of the line porter and wait a couple years there. Now your at the end of another very long line…

There's a good Australian head porter here in Jersey that I had heads reported there for a different project. Two years... and yes I would call him sporadically, but with all the work on his plate there is just not enough hours in a day. And yeah in the end, big numbers and worth the wait

And do you want a novice learning on your heads to help him for a faster turn-around ? One error and the head went from killer to junk. Jeff has to do almost everything by himself.

The bottom line is that Jeff is one smart and gifted mo-fo, and worth the wait

SS/DA 1924
Re: modern cyl head [Re: SSDAcuda] #1315185
10/14/12 12:35 PM
10/14/12 12:35 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

I wonder why he doesn't answer the phone… Because he's too busy working! And I bet everytime that phone rings it adds a little stress to his day! I have a friend that does chassis work that is a Da-Vinci with moly tubing, but stops welding and answers the phone with a very negative attitude because his precious time is wasted. Usually loses the job with his bad attitude! I joked with him that he needs a big breasted girl to answer the phone, deal with the customers and tell him which order to finish the work, first in-first out, LOL!!!

If your done waiting for Jeff, pick your heads up and take them to another top of the line porter and wait a couple years there. Now your at the end of another very long line…

There's a good Australian head porter here in Jersey that I had heads reported there for a different project. Two years... and yes I would call him sporadically, but with all the work on his plate there is just not enough hours in a day. And yeah in the end, big numbers and worth the wait

And do you want a novice learning on your heads to help him for a faster turn-around ? One error and the head went from killer to junk. Jeff has to do almost everything by himself.

The bottom line is that Jeff is one smart and gifted mo-fo, and worth the wait

This is why I took a chance and called him to see if he needed help not cos I`m a bad ass head porter but to learn more and help all of you guys out. Guess some look at it like begging for work..........I already have a job and want a career doing heads. Been my goal for years and did that at Pettis and some when I worked for George Koppal. One man shops don`t work in my opinion and that`s obviously why this post was started..........This post SHOULD read; Damn, those heads the Jeff and Dominic did sure were awesome and in a timely fashion to boot............

Last edited by Thumperdart; 10/14/12 05:45 PM.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: modern cyl head [Re: Thumperdart] #1315186
10/15/12 01:30 PM
10/15/12 01:30 PM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
So.....who wood one recommend for -1's porting other than modern

Re: modern cyl head [Re: racerx] #1315187
10/15/12 01:35 PM
10/15/12 01:35 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

Pettis............760-244-4415................

Re: modern cyl head [Re: Thumperdart] #1315188
10/15/12 01:40 PM
10/15/12 01:40 PM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
Quote:

Quote:

Pettis............760-244-4415................

Thump is there a web-site for pettis?

Re: modern cyl head [Re: racerx] #1315189
10/15/12 01:42 PM
10/15/12 01:42 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Good question........

Re: modern cyl head [Re: Thumperdart] #1315190
10/15/12 01:44 PM
10/15/12 01:44 PM
Mo.
racerx Offline
master
racerx  Offline
master

Mo.
Quote:

Good question........

Is this it http://pettisperformance.com/

Last edited by racerx; 10/15/12 01:46 PM.
Re: modern cyl head [Re: racerx] #1315191
10/15/12 01:46 PM
10/15/12 01:46 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Give it a shot...........personally I`d call and talk to Jason...........

Re: modern cyl head [Re: Thumperdart] #1315192
10/15/12 08:12 PM
10/15/12 08:12 PM
detroit area
M
moderncylinder Offline
top fuel
moderncylinder  Offline
top fuel
M

detroit area
this must be a bash jeff fest.... well let me say i havent had a great last 2 years with health issues,, it looks up from here out,, but i did get behind... will i sacrifice some quality or level of care or treatment to get somebodies heads done,,, no,, they will have to wait a week or two or whatever,, does that mean mr stage 6 guy should wait two years no,, im sorry for that...ill get that worked out,, now with mike from muscle motors,, he is a friend and i talk to him often...

mr thumperdart,, you live in california,, how coul dyou work for me in michigan? youll move here for an entry level job?

the guy with the hemi heads who said he wanted them fully ported,, you told me how much power you wanted to make,, i gave you a head that would support that,, i felt bad for you that you paid somebody to do work to them that didnt matter and would have to pay me to do it all over again,, but then you should have bought them from somebody who knows something,, or anything about cylinder heads

sheep,,, thats a joke.....

with my health issues its just me at my shop,, im going to resolve that first of the year or around,, its hard to keep an employee or two while not being here or having no energy,, or other physical limiting things going on.... plus i have to raise my prices since i cannot hire somebody who can work as fast as i can,, and my work is set of hourly prices with me working on it,,,, if i do something that takes 2 hrs,, and i get 125 for it,, i hire a guy,, he takes 5 hrs to do it,, i have to get 200 to even try to make any money paying him 20 or whatever,, its hard for me to charge a guy like that...

anything else?

jeff

Re: modern cyl head [Re: moderncylinder] #1315193
10/15/12 08:27 PM
10/15/12 08:27 PM
Ontario Canada
M
MattW Offline
master
MattW  Offline
master
M

Ontario Canada
The first part I will chaulk up as [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] happens.
Paying an employee, well I would take minimum wage to learn what you have lodge between your ears. Matt

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3