09/26/12 08:20 PM
09/26/12 08:20 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Raff, your situation is a little different on two fronts. First, many have been racing longer than me, but I have been to enough races to know the free race is always the one that will get bumped if there issues with time (weather, oil downs, etc.), so I personally wouldn't travel to ONLY enter in a free race knowing that. Secondly, the guy doing all the whining won Super Pro on Sunday and made to the semis in Pro, yet is complaining that he got screwed because they nixed the free race. Pure and simple, that is complaining just to complain. He didn't get screwed out of anything. He WON one class and took home money in another! There were almost 200 cars in Pro/ Super Pro, yet 99% of them have had nothing but good to say about the race. Why isn't this thread filled with 200 different people complaining about box/ no box getting cancelled? Easy. They know it was a free race, and everyone who won one round got a little cash for their trouble when it got bumped. If his situation was like yours, where he was only coming to mainly run box/no box, I would understand him being a little upset, but would revert back to "you knew it was a free race and could possibly get bumped if time was an issue before you came, so suck it up and don't gamble next time". But that is not the case here. Not even close.

So from what you are saying is that there was 2 separate
races in box and no box... 1 on Saturday and another
completely separate race on Sunday for box and no box...
and the Saturday was a freebie if entered in some
other class.... was there a entry fee for box/no box
on Sunday

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1310188
09/26/12 08:26 PM
09/26/12 08:26 PM
Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
VernMotor Offline
master
VernMotor  Offline
master

Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
Sun was Pro and super pro. not the same as box and no-box. well close

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: VernMotor] #1310189
09/26/12 08:52 PM
09/26/12 08:52 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Sun was Pro and super pro. not the same as box and no-box. well close

I always thought them to be the same... box was S/P
and no box was pro

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: joshking440] #1310190
09/26/12 09:15 PM
09/26/12 09:15 PM
st louis MO
beeliever Offline
beeliever  Offline

st louis MO
WOW, I rarely have anything to say on here, But.... I am an aging Mopar guy in a rapidly changing brand X world. I have been to every Monster Mopar since the beginning in 1985 when I was 19 and as excited as a virgins first time just to be around so many cool cars and like minded people. I expected change when Gateway Raceway closed and ss promotions sold to you. I was optimistic for new young Mopar blood.
But for you to tell a super loyal Mopar guy to shove it up his a*s for complaining about Billy Glidden race his NEW Chassised Ford. and not simply following the published order for racing blows my mind! You are not our king (pun intended)we get to criticize, steer the ship if you will. You have a lot of blind loyalty on this site but dont forget the silent majority like myself, the little guys that dont come back. I didnt take vacation, bring my daughter and spend my hard earned money to watch a Ford race. I am a Glidden family fan, they are a class act! its not their weekend, its MINE! It is your responsibility to tell them respectfully, sorry you cant race at MMW.
I get this is a dying hobby but dont piss off your core fans. All I want you to know is none of this is personal Josh. But The st louis fans have seen it run better and it was not that long ago. It had growing pains and it evolved but you have to listen to the base and make it as fair as possible. Not every one will be happy I get that. But it has to be fiercely Mopar or No car and follow the published race class order no matter what.
I will see how the spring fling goes, and then determine my vacation schedule

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Pleaz] #1310191
09/26/12 09:46 PM
09/26/12 09:46 PM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Quote:

Wow...you get on here and voice your opinion and you are called a whiner....thats why nobody else wants too get on here and tell you they feel the same way Dan does. He feels saturday was run poorly...its his opinon....hes entitled too it. Dont take it so personal(Mark). You told Dan too brush up on his math...i think you should brush up on your people skills. Because your coming off a bit arrogant, and unreasonable. Peace n love..peace n love...cya at the fling.

BIG difference between voicing an opinion and whining. I highly doubt "others" aren't getting on here and voicing their thoughts simply because they are afraid of being called a whiner, lol.

BTW, I don't need to brush up on my people skills. I tell it like it is and don't pull punches. If what I say hurts their feelings, toughen up or move on. I'm not "politically correct", and I don't buy into the sissy-fied, "let's all hug and be friends" crap. Am I arrogant? Probably, and I'm good with that. Unreasonable? Maybe. Or maybe I just get tired of hearing racers complain about nothing big, simply to have something to complain about... ESPECIALLY when they haven't the first clue as to what goes into putting on an event that big and it's all about "me me me", not the bigger picture. Like I said, I call it like I see it and don't pull punches out of fear of hurting someone's feelings or ego.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310192
09/26/12 09:54 PM
09/26/12 09:54 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Next year i can do without the rain and hail. See if you can get that off the schedule. THX!

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: bigtimeauto] #1310193
09/26/12 10:06 PM
09/26/12 10:06 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Next year i can do without the rain and hail. See if you can get that off the schedule. THX!

That was another freebie

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1310194
09/26/12 10:18 PM
09/26/12 10:18 PM
Fenton, MO
66Coronet-340 Offline
66Coronet-340  Offline

Fenton, MO
Big P, put me down as 1 of 200 not happy with the way the no box/box race on Saturday was handled. "Free" BS, the Saturdays race was included in the entry. You can call it what you want it was still part of my entry fee and a chance at reclaiming some expenses. Also that "free" winning purse was one of the reasons I chose to drive up friday night after work and get in at 1am. if it would have been like at St. Louis and had to pay to race on saturday I would have stayed home. Just because Dan won on Sunday does not take away the handling of Saturday's night events or the right to voice his opinion.

Mark and Josh I would not want your job no matter what the reward. My suggestion is next time make a decision, stick by it,take the criticism and learn from the mistakes. I understand new management and there are going to be bumps in the road, but the being told one thing then hours later being told something different, when in the pits the bet was at what time were we going to be told no to box/no box and the context of that excuse was not the best verbiage. Man up say we made a mistake, we are still learning, sorry but will try better. That would way more with me besides it was a free race, we still paid out to the winners (if they remembered to go to the tower), that info should have been relayed when the race cancelation was announced. Hope the spring fling goes better and will be a determining factor for attending more events.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310195
09/26/12 10:40 PM
09/26/12 10:40 PM
St. Louis Mo. USA
P
Pleaz Offline
Pleaz  Offline
P

St. Louis Mo. USA
(Or maybe i just get tired of hearing RACERS complain)...are you a racer Mark??? Oh, your a sponser....what sponser...im just curious??? Were you racing at Indy??? Have you ever raced at MMW....

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: 66Coronet-340] #1310196
09/26/12 10:44 PM
09/26/12 10:44 PM
communist bloc of new jersey
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

communist bloc of new jersey
i didn't read all the replies and don't have a dog in the fight so to speak. i was kinda wishing i had brought my car up there and in hindsight should have. now i've been running chryslers all my life so i will say this. i respect pretty much anyone regardless of what they race and hate to see people do damage but it got to the point i turned to my friend and said i was embarrassed to be a mopar guy because of all the crap that was happening on the track. i didn't see as much of the racing as i could have because we were walking around and i spent a little time helping Gup get his engine back together. it was time well spent as he went on to win the 10.5 class

best i can tell the track workers earned every cent they were paid and then some. i don't know how many oil downs there were or how much time was spent cleaning/clearing the track but overall i'm inclined to think it was WAY too much.

Josh, didn't get to talk to you (met your brother) but PROPS to you guys for making this happen. it seems like there was a pretty good car count given the economy and i hope things work out so that you can continue to hold these events and even add to them.

people complaining should try just a little bit to grasp what it takes to pull off an event of this size and the fact that you simply can't control weather or the number of guys kicking out parts then driving down the middle of the track. no matter what you do someone is going to feel slighted. again i don't know how things were supposed to happen vs how they did.

i was just spectating so i didn't really follow events and how things unfolded. as for the handful of other brands personally i think it only adds to the program.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: 66Coronet-340] #1310197
09/26/12 10:55 PM
09/26/12 10:55 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Why don't some of you guys just hang Josh and get it over with? I have never attended one of Joshes races YET but I surely hope to attend one in the near future. Up until this race I never heard one bad word about how his races have been organized so what changed? Was it the all day rain on Friday or maybe the colder than normal air temperatures. How about the many, many hours cleaning the track because of all the mishaps. Shame on you Josh for not changing the weather or better preparing some of the other racers cars so they didn't puke fluid all over the track. I have been racing for 36+ years so I know Josh, his Family, and Friends put a lot of work into making this race take place. In today's economy sponsors are scaling back or pulling out. Please give the guy a break and give him some time to iron out some issues and each race should continue to grow and only get better as time goes on. There were some communication problems on the quick 32 race but I think that was a case of to many hands in the kettle. Hope to meet you soon Josh at one of your races and thanks for giving us MOPAR guys and girls a place to meet, race, and become lifelong Friends. If anyone thinks these races are easy to pull off give it a try sometime.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: jamesc] #1310198
09/26/12 10:59 PM
09/26/12 10:59 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Quote:

i didn't read all the replies and don't have a dog in the fight so to speak. i was kinda wishing i had brought my car up there and in hindsight should have. now i've been running chryslers all my life so i will say this. i respect pretty much anyone regardless of what they race and hate to see people do damage but it got to the point i turned to my friend and said i was embarrassed to be a mopar guy because of all the crap that was happening on the track. i didn't see as much of the racing as i could have because we were walking around and i spent a little time helping Gup get his engine back together. it was time well spent as he went on to win the 10.5 class

best i can tell the track workers earned every cent they were paid and then some. i don't know how many oil downs there were or how much time was spent cleaning/clearing the track but overall i'm inclined to think it was WAY too much.

Josh, didn't get to talk to you (met your brother) but PROPS to you guys for making this happen. it seems like there was a pretty good car count given the economy and i hope things work out so that you can continue to hold these events and even add to them.

people complaining should try just a little bit to grasp what it takes to pull off an event of this size and the fact that you simply can't control weather or the number of guys kicking out parts then driving down the middle of the track. no matter what you do someone is going to feel slighted. again i don't know how things were supposed to happen vs how they did.

i was just spectating so i didn't really follow events and how things unfolded. as for the handful of other brands personally i think it only adds to the program.

Would you please let me know next time you are posting so I don't have to. I'm a one finger typer and its tired now.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: qwkmopardan] #1310199
09/26/12 11:02 PM
09/26/12 11:02 PM
New Smyrna Beach FL
S
scottb Offline
pro stock
scottb  Offline
pro stock
S

New Smyrna Beach FL
This just shows how the mopar crowd is its all about me .Im pissed I did not get to race in a free race and they let billy make a 4sec pass that took a total of 5 mins out of the show .What about the guy in the 65 plymouth that oiled the track down 3 times how about jumping on this guy .If you think its so easy why dont you put on your own show and see how many people show up .You want to trash Josh is crazy lets go back and have charlie run thing Ithink I will pass Josh is doing a great job thanks Josh keep up the good work

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Pleaz] #1310200
09/26/12 11:08 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
I was there ,, wasn't racing , but I knew it was in trouble on friday !!,
just a cluster of events,Breaks,, Oil downs, then the rain/ hail!!
I watched the clean ups, seam to go on for hours !!, It seamed to me that the clean up crew just didn't really seam to move at the best of pace as what I am used to seeing out of Indy???
Then add the cold air , , just bad deal,
seen couple of my friends cars get broke, , sad,
The OP I know very well I respect his opinion far more than that of just someone who just 'whines' around, !
As for the post itself,, Why was a 'ford' allowed to make passes??
I don't care if it was JOHN FORCE his self , the answer should have been NO!! That could have been lined up well before the schedule of events was put out! EXHIBITION ! But,, It was Josh's decision , his race!
Last minute changes are never a good thing to do! unless weather related!
DEVIATION FROM A SCHEDULE ONLY INVITES CRITICISM ,, CONFUSION,,MISUNDERSTANDING!

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Pleaz] #1310201
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Quote:

(Or maybe i just get tired of hearing RACERS complain)...are you a racer Mark??? Oh, your a sponser....what sponser...im just curious??? Were you racing at Indy??? Have you ever raced at MMW....

None of your questions have anything to do with this thread, but I will answer anyway. Yes I am a racer. Yes I am a sponsor. No I wasn't racing at Indy. No I haven't raced at MMW yet. But what I race, where I race, who I sponsor, etc., has NOTHING to do with calling it like I see it. As a matter of fact, nothing that you asked above has anything to do at all with what has been posted here. ANY racer who has been around tracks for any period of time has been around racers that complain just to complain. If you haven't, you're probably one of them, lol. For that matter, even if I had never been to track in my life, it wouldn't change the fact that somebody is complaining about a race that was affected by weather and other racers oiling the track down, and blaming the promoter for having to change up the schedule because of those factors, rather than being ticked off at the REAL source of the problem.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310202
09/26/12 11:16 PM
09/26/12 11:16 PM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Ok, for all you guys who keep on the whole "why was a ford allowed to make a pass" thing. Josh already answered for one thing. For another, brand x cars are allowed in NSS. That was announced months ago. SO guess what? There were fords, chevys, and pontiacs making passes all weekend! Yet you guys want to focus on ONE pass that took less than 5 minutes start to finish like it hindered ANYTHING about the weekend. Y'all crack me up.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310203
09/26/12 11:27 PM
09/26/12 11:27 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
No-one has issues with the NSS , guys!!, think that's is a non issue!!

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: dennismopar73] #1310204
09/26/12 11:28 PM
09/26/12 11:28 PM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Sooo, no one has an issue with chevys, fords, and pontiacs running all weekend, but have a major issue with ONE ford making ONE pass?

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: mark42202] #1310205
09/26/12 11:29 PM
09/26/12 11:29 PM
St. Louis Mo. USA
P
Pleaz Offline
Pleaz  Offline
P

St. Louis Mo. USA
Mark, my friend...if your going too get involved as being a sponser for MMW you cant be so thin skinned. You need too be more receptive too the racers who are actually racing there. I keep seeing post by racers(the racers!) saying its a task for the promotors too put this show on....what about the racers saving all year too get there??? You need too be able too relate too people when your in the position that you, and Josh are in.Ill be the first too say whats up when you show up too race, and have a beer with you. So would all the other guys who voiced their opinion....its all good.

Re: Billy Glidden at the MMW fall ball [Re: Pleaz] #1310206
09/26/12 11:42 PM
09/26/12 11:42 PM
Sparta, TN
M
mark42202 Offline
enthusiast
mark42202  Offline
enthusiast
M

Sparta, TN
Quote:

Mark, my friend...if your going too get involved as being a sponser for MMW you cant be so thin skinned. You need too be more receptive too the racers who are actually racing there. I keep seeing post by racers(the racers!) saying its a task for the promotors too put this show on....what about the racers saving all year too get there??? You need too be able too relate too people when your in the position that you, and Josh are in.Ill be the first too say whats up when you show up too race, and have a beer with you. So would all the other guys who voiced their opinion....its all good.

LOL, I probably have thicker skin than most. But I have been around both sides of the game for many years. I'm not brand new. I put up money for the Spring Fling also, and have an agreement with Josh to continue putting money up to help support the race... but this isn't my first go 'round with sponsoring. I would love to hang out and have a drink (you can have beer. I don't drink, but will gladly have a Pepsi with ya!). Like I said several times, I'm not taking anything personally, getting mad, having thin skin, or any of the above. I just call it like I see it, and I have learned over the years that promoters earn a TON more respect for standing their ground and standing behind their decisions than they do when they allow a few unhappy racers out of several hundred to make them change their whole way of doing things. You're not going to make everyone happy all the time... EVER. It is pointless to try. Judging by the success of Indy (in spite of the weather and cleanup delays) I don't see MMW doing anything but continuing to grow. If a few guys don't come because it isn't run exactly the way it was before Josh was running it, I can promise there will be several more that come and run it BECAUSE of the changes. Times change and everything evolves. You either adjust to the changes, or you bracket race at a local track or park your car in the garage. "Me me me" mentality doesn't get anything accomplished.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8