Ontario,Canada
F
firefighter3931 Offline OP
top fuel
firefighter3931  Offline OP
top fuel
F

Ontario,Canada
I've been trying to diagnose a low line pressure problem and was reviewing the bench bleeding procedure on the Wilwood website. They recommend installing the plug on the side that will not be used and using the bleeder kit with hoses submerged in brake fluid to bleed off any air bubbles which i did.

Wilwood makes no mention of bleeding off both sides (ports) of each chamber on the master. Just plug the unused side and bleed the side that will be connected to the hard lines.

Looking at the SSBC website, this is what i found in regards to master cylinders with dual ports on each chamber :

Bleeding steps for dual port master cylinder

"If you have a master cylinder with dual port holes (4 port holes - 2 on each side), it is necessary to bleed both port sides of the master cylinder. If both sides of the master cylinder are not bled, there will be air trapped in the master cylinder and your brakes will not function properly."

So, my question is for those who have used the wilwood master ; did you bench bleed both ports or simply install the plug on the unused port and bleed the opposite side of the chamber ?

Thanks, Ron

Re: Bench bleeding Wilwood master cylinder ? [Re: firefighter3931] #1296060
09/03/12 02:19 PM
09/03/12 02:19 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Bleed all the ports at the same time, plug off the unused side, then bleed again, also get rid of the fluid, and replenish with fresh fluid after bleeding before install, also never add the bleed fluid back into the system as the bleed fluid has entrained microscopic air bubbles which will further complicate your bleeding efforts

Mike