08/30/12 05:29 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Just throwing this out there for discussion.

I grew up in Minnesota and the preferred method for getting yourself out of a snowbank or patch of deep snow when you were stuck was to "rock" the car back and forth. You did this by gunning the car in reverse, then jamming into drive or first and gunning it, then jamming it back into reverse and repeating over and over until you finally built up enough momentum to get yourself up and over the snow obstacle and out. I think owner's manuals back then even told you how to do it this way. Lots of tire spinning involved here, probably more brutal than any burnout box. Never heard of anyone exploding their 727 or hurting them in any other way doing this.

So was this because they were stock trans and all had low-band apply? Just curious.

Yes... I never really spun much but did rock it back
and forth till I got a run way built into the snow
then once it was going I would spin some(spinning
isnt traction but it did meld the snow)

Re: At what point do you need a Trans blanket or Shield? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1293369
08/30/12 07:27 PM
08/30/12 07:27 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
I recently installed a CSR sheild and TCS billet drum.While I was at it , a new B & M flexplate and Pro Torque converter.The blanket covers the trans body,but the flexplate is still exposed.The sheild covers it all.Did have to massage the hump for clearance.
It also depends on your HP level with the drum.I gambled for a LONG time before I stepped it up.

7357725-IMG_2327.jpg (47 downloads)
Last edited by hemi-itis; 08/30/12 07:28 PM.

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2