04/25/12 02:56 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

WOW did you miss the point. The reason it went so slow is becuase as usual people cannot follow RULES, plain and simple. Had they stayed in line and proceeded in an orderly fashion it would have not taken so long. Were you aware they started loading peopel in early? Were you aware they wqere not loading at all til noon on Thursday? There were people whpo had showed up on Thursday night who were in line t and forced to sit and wait do to the actions of others. The MOB who refused to follow the rules.

Were you there? I was, I witnessed all the dumbsh&%s in line. Not following directions from the security people trying to direct traffic. People driving around them, around other rigs, straight in from the street, yelling at everyone feeling priveledged etc etc. I was there and witnessed it all, I was one of the first folks in the facility. It ws a nice orderly procession UNTIL my second attempt. By that time it was becoming a mob rule mentality, and people decided to NOT listen to direction, or show any sort of common courtesy or human decency. Yelling and threatening security folks and basically doing whatever they wanted. On my third trip in it was back to a nice orderly procession. I went to the back ogf a line, the moved a few cars from each line in and it was smooth and took a toal of 25 minutes for me to get in. Unlike the second attempt.

Perhaps had you been there observing what was transpiring you may understand. It has nothing to do with where I live., or how many cars I brought in. I did not feel privilegded or entitiled. I waited paitently each time and did as instructed. All the while watching all the other a holes who decided they were more important than the rest of the people there.

So in my mind MOST of the issue was the racers. Or better said small minority of them who refuse to flow direction and feel they are better than the rest of us who waited patiently to gain entry.

But what do I know I was just there and pretty sure I saw much more of what went on than anyone else who was

No, I didn't make it this year ( thankfully ). I was there last year and there was no problem getting in. Assume the majority of racers were the same ones that were there this year. What happened - - did they all grow attitudes? Blaming the racers for the tracks issues is BS!! Sounds like the major problem ( as usual ) was a lack of communication. Just talked to a vendor who was directed to wait in line with the entraints. Then he saw other vendors already in the pits setting up their booths. When he asked about it, they said he could come right in and didn't have to wait in line with the racers. No, I didn't miss any points, and congratulations on not feeling privliged or intitled. I never said you did. When you piss enough people off, you get a mob - what it is!!! I'm sure they didn't show up as a mob. Sorry, but you are wrong to blame the racers for what transpired - IMHO!!!!!

Fastest 300
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: camastomcat] #1221758
04/25/12 03:05 PM
04/25/12 03:05 PM
fresno ca
M
mikeysmopars Offline
top fuel
mikeysmopars  Offline
top fuel
M

fresno ca
Quote:

I agree that the people trying to get in shouldn't have been so beligerant with the parking people. But I attribute the main problem to be LVMS's lack of planning that they are famous for. I can't believe they were so understaffed and only had one parking person for the racers. I would esecially like to go again next year and hope they didn't hurt attendence with the rediculous parking situation, but if I were Phil Painter, I might be looking at another place to hold the event. PS I know RMR would like to have it.

Your right about the poor planning but i'd really hate to see it go anywhere else than Vegas, The one time a year the wives will even consider going to a race as with most of the croud of about ten Mopar racers we have. Something for all to do there and we always plan our vacation around it. Sucks because our gang really likes doing the Mopar Spacific events and all we have on our end of the world is Vegas and the Mopar magic race in Sacramento. I love racin with my Peeps but looks pretty dismal for the Mopar gang out west. We have a couple tracks out here that could support it but if you can;t get them to Vegas and support it then Where Else?

Last edited by mikeysmopars; 04/25/12 03:14 PM.

Founder and CEO of the Central Valley Mopar Drag Pack
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: Crizila] #1221759
04/25/12 03:30 PM
04/25/12 03:30 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline OP
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline OP
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
Im NOT tooting my horn here,, but,, I WILL BE DAMNED if anyone thinks that I will drive FOUR THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED miles and spend TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS to be treated like a SECOND CLASS CITIZEN AGAIN.. I am from CHICAGO,,,,, You DO NOT cut in front of other people in line and you DO NOT have preferential treatment.. You have to wait in line JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES... it all started when I guy in a small red (vendor) trailer CUT IN FRONT OF ME when the line moved 100 feet while I was in the Porta Potty.. My wife was sleeping in the passenger seat ahd she didn't notice...I came back and I was ready to PULL THE GUY out of his seat through the window and have a TALK WITH HIM,, when I saw he was a senior citizen and didn't want the drama.... Needless to say,, he was pissed off and finally BLEW THROUGH the line and cut EVERYONE OFF an hour later,, but,, the point that I am trying to make is,, It is BAD MANAGEMENT whoever decides to let people CUT in front of other people.. They are NO MORE IMPORTANT that I or ANYONE ELSE is... Who in the HelL do you ( or they) think they are????? I'm going to spend TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS on FUEl or DRIVE 4900 miles to be treated like THAT.. This isn't my FIRST RODEo and I've NEVER been treated so DISRESPECTFUL in my LIFE... There is a BIG PROBLEm..... FIX the problem or,, I PROMISE you,, I WILL NEVER attend another MATS..... I'm SURE people feel that way also... It DOESNT take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to figure out how to GET IN LINE and WAIT YOUR TURN and respect the PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING YOUR SALARIES....

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: nosboy] #1221760
04/25/12 03:32 PM
04/25/12 03:32 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline OP
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline OP
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
The TWO thousand was JUST IN DIESEL FUEL to get there and back... Not to mention an oil change and wear and tear on the truck, trailer and Wife listening to me [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] and complain...

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: nosboy] #1221761
04/25/12 03:36 PM
04/25/12 03:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like they need to fly in nosboy and let him be in charge of the gate

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: ] #1221762
04/25/12 03:38 PM
04/25/12 03:38 PM
fresno ca
M
mikeysmopars Offline
top fuel
mikeysmopars  Offline
top fuel
M

fresno ca

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: mikeysmopars] #1221763
04/25/12 03:54 PM
04/25/12 03:54 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
So I guess my perspective is just wrong. If you were not there you did not witness the behavior in the parking lot. I did...

Could they have used more staff, sure. Did they provide what was paid for, my guess is yes but that is just a guess. But after seeing some of the interaction between LVMS staff, racers and the people putting on the race I am willing to bet the promoters got what they paid for. Same question goes for track conditions etc. This event is nothing more than a private track rental for LVMS. I am quite sure the customer is receiving what they paid for.

I have raced many events at LVMS and this is the one with the most issues. we dont have them at divisional, national, PSCA, The turkey bracket race or SCSN. All of these events excpet somoe of the summer PSCA events see WAY More car count than this one does. Those all go smoothly and the difference I see is the amount of staff and the patrons attitudes. At PSCA and SCSN we have the saem person parking us, in the saem order as the Mopar race. She also does it at the Divisonal races but has one other person helping.

I'm done with this subject. Seems guys love to complain about this race in particular no matter what happens. Keep complaining, stop coming and then we wont have to worry about it anymore.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: Al_Alguire] #1221764
04/25/12 05:36 PM
04/25/12 05:36 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
The objective of this thread ( at least as far as I am concerned )is to make the show better, not to eliminate it. I'm looking forward to participating next year, but not if I have to wait in line 3-4 hours to get in. I guess that's my "hidden Agenda". I'm actually heavily involved with my local car club as they are putting on a very large show in my town over the weekend and I happen to be in charge a good portion of it. All those that will be participating will be recieving a questionaire, allowing them to critique the show (and me for my part). Seems to me if the MATS powers to be did this the show could be improved without threads like this one - info would go directly to the right spot and keep damage control - under control. Are they even listening???

Fastest 300
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: Al_Alguire] #1221765
04/25/12 05:42 PM
04/25/12 05:42 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

So I guess my perspective is just wrong. If you were not there you did not witness the behavior in the parking lot. I did...

Could they have used more staff, sure. Did they provide what was paid for, my guess is yes but that is just a guess. But after seeing some of the interaction between LVMS staff, racers and the people putting on the race I am willing to bet the promoters got what they paid for. Same question goes for track conditions etc. This event is nothing more than a private track rental for LVMS. I am quite sure the customer is receiving what they paid for.

I have raced many events at LVMS and this is the one with the most issues. we dont have them at divisional, national, PSCA, The turkey bracket race or SCSN. All of these events excpet somoe of the summer PSCA events see WAY More car count than this one does. Those all go smoothly and the difference I see is the amount of staff and the patrons attitudes. At PSCA and SCSN we have the saem person parking us, in the saem order as the Mopar race. She also does it at the Divisonal races but has one other person helping.

I'm done with this subject. Seems guys love to complain about this race in particular no matter what happens. Keep complaining, stop coming and then we wont have to worry about it anymore.

Al, I'll have to agree about the divisionals and other races. That's why I said someone needs to talk about this with the Painter people. And maybe there's not much money in it for them and they're doing it for the love of the Mopar community, but I doubt they (Painters) are making much. And maybe the LVMS thing just aggrivates me more this year than others, because it always takes the so long to get out a schedule and they just don't seem to care about our time and money. I'll admit, my percption could be all wrong but, it's mine. It's the same issue I have with the NHRA. They act like we work for them instead of the other way around.
So....two things....how did the Siepels treat people at Infineon? Oh...and your parts are on the way and thanks for the help.

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: Crizila] #1221766
04/25/12 07:56 PM
04/25/12 07:56 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline OP
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline OP
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
Quote:

The objective of this thread ( at least as far as I am concerned )is to make the show better, not to eliminate it. I'm looking forward to participating next year, but not if I have to wait in line 3-4 hours to get in. I guess that's my "hidden Agenda". I'm actually heavily involved with my local car club as they are putting on a very large show in my town over the weekend and I happen to be in charge a good portion of it. All those that will be participating will be recieving a questionaire, allowing them to critique the show (and me for my part). Seems to me if the MATS powers to be did this the show could be improved without threads like this one - info would go directly to the right spot and keep damage control - under control. Are they even listening???

EXACTLY... Cutting in front of others thinking you're SPECIAL don't cut it with a LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE... TWO LINES.. Get in Line MOTHE******R...

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: ] #1221767
04/25/12 08:03 PM
04/25/12 08:03 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline OP
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline OP
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
Quote:

Maybe keep the rules the SAME for ALL ENTRANTS.... NO CUTS !!!! Wait in Line like EVERYBODY ELSE DOES and there won't be any bitchin... if i was a hundred miles from home,, I would have turned around.. That don't fly with me.. I LIKE MATS and don't want it go to HelL because of a FEW BAD MANAGERS... MAYBE COLLECTIVE CRITICISM could SAVE from A FEW DOZEN ENTRANTS not showing up next year... TWENTY entrants are 3000 dollars... 3000 dollars could pay for the insurance for the track... Every little bit helps... Lets face it,, if it didn't make money, it wouldn't be around... you can tell yourself Painter does it for the love of the sport,, but if it costs him 20 or 30 grand out of his pocket,,,,, he PROBABLY wouldn't be doing it anymore.......

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: nosboy] #1221768
04/25/12 08:04 PM
04/25/12 08:04 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline OP
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline OP
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe keep the rules the SAME for ALL ENTRANTS.... NO CUTS !!!! Wait in Line like EVERYBODY ELSE DOES and there won't be any bitchin... if i was a hundred miles from home,, I would have turned around.. That don't fly with me.. I LIKE MATS and don't want it go to HelL because of a FEW BAD MANAGERS... MAYBE COLLECTIVE CRITICISM could SAVE from A FEW DOZEN ENTRANTS not showing up next year... TWENTY entrants are 3000 dollars... 3000 dollars could pay for the insurance for the track... Every little bit helps... Lets face it,, if it didn't make money, it wouldn't be around... you can tell yourself Painter does it for the love of the sport,, but if it costs him 20 or 30 grand out of his pocket,,,,, he PROBABLY wouldn't be doing it anymore.......

I heard that...

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: nosboy] #1221769
04/25/12 08:05 PM
04/25/12 08:05 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

Quote:

EXACTLY... Cutting in front of others thinking you're SPECIAL don't cut it with a LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE... TWO LINES.. Get in Line MOTHE******R...

DAMN, I thaught I was an angry man............ I have days and experiences in which I feel this stuff so I completely understand...........Peace.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: Thumperdart] #1221770
04/25/12 08:52 PM
04/25/12 08:52 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline OP
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline OP
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DAMN, I thaught I was an angry man............ I have days and experiences in which I feel this stuff so I completely understand...........Peace.

Born and raised in Chicago.. Went through the public school system... The "get in Line Mothe******R" and " NO CUTS" are just how " we roll"... "figures of speech" if you will..... The vendors were allowed to enter the facility from 8am till NOON on Thursday... Thats THEIR TIME.. if they can't get there by 8am to NOON,,,, get a FASTER DRIVER or COORDINATE your business a LITTLE BETTER !!! 12.01 it's MY TIME.. if you want to get in on MY TIME.. you gotta get to the BACK OF THE LINE like EVERYONE ELSE DOES !!!! I don't live in Las Vegas or Sunny California or Oregon or Washington State... I had some dealing with Phil Painter.. His Brother screwed me around on a contest that I won and I went to Phil to have a "talk" with his brother.. He STRAIGHTENED the Brother RIGHT OUT !!! Phil apologised for his brother's bad behavior and sent the prize RIGHT AWAY !!!! A STRAIGHT UP GUY... Not a PROBLEM.... I think PHIL should know what the PEOPLE he hire are doing to his show... are they LVMS people or MATS people that are screwing this up????

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: nosboy] #1221771
04/25/12 09:36 PM
04/25/12 09:36 PM
bean town ....Ca
W
WHITEDART Offline
master
WHITEDART  Offline
master
W

bean town ....Ca
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Born and raised in Chicago.. Went through the public school system... The "get in Line Mothe******R" and " NO CUTS" are just how " we roll"... "figures of speech" if you will..... The vendors were allowed to enter the facility from 8am till NOON on Thursday... Thats THEIR TIME.. if they can't get there by 8am to NOON,,,, get a FASTER DRIVER or COORDINATE your business a LITTLE BETTER !!! 12.01 it's MY TIME.. if you want to get in on MY TIME.. you gotta get to the BACK OF THE LINE like EVERYONE ELSE DOES !!!! I don't live in Las Vegas or Sunny California or Oregon or Washington State... I had some dealing with Phil Painter.. His Brother screwed me around on a contest that I won and I went to Phil to have a "talk" with his brother.. He STRAIGHTENED the Brother RIGHT OUT !!! Phil apologised for his brother's bad behavior and sent the prize RIGHT AWAY !!!! A STRAIGHT UP GUY... Not a PROBLEM.... I think PHIL should know what the PEOPLE he hire are doing to his show... are they LVMS people or MATS people that are screwing this up????

i like it just the way it is they let me and a few buds cut in front of all u guys that was the best

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: WHITEDART] #1221772
04/25/12 09:39 PM
04/25/12 09:39 PM
fresno ca
M
mikeysmopars Offline
top fuel
mikeysmopars  Offline
top fuel
M

fresno ca

here we go

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: mikeysmopars] #1221773
04/25/12 09:51 PM
04/25/12 09:51 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Geez Gary, you got to race your car at "The Strip" and spent time in Vegas. Chill dude.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I quit doing most of the shows I used to do. Way too much disorganization. I haven't always been a patient man.

Wanna tip? Show up on Saturday with a rental car, make a couple hits, hang out, and win the race on Sunday. Piece of cake.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: WHITEDART] #1221774
04/26/12 01:08 AM
04/26/12 01:08 AM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
I like it just the way it is they let me and a few buds cut in front of all u guys that was the best

Nice

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: BloFish] #1221775
04/26/12 07:23 PM
04/26/12 07:23 PM
Chicago,Illinois
N
nosboy Offline OP
enthusiast
nosboy  Offline OP
enthusiast
N

Chicago,Illinois
next time tell your "buds" to bring you a couple EXTRA SETS of tires.. You JUST MIGHT need them.. you'll NEVER KNOW !!! Peace....

Re: Waiting for HOURS at MATS??? [Re: nosboy] #1221776
04/28/12 12:37 PM
04/28/12 12:37 PM
Wheels up, MO
N
nhramark Offline
master
nhramark  Offline
master
N

Wheels up, MO
nosboy,

I hope you are attending Monster Mopar at Gateway June 8, 9, & 10. If you do, feel free to give me some direct feedback on your experience. If we have something poorly executed, I want to know so I can fix it next time. Hope to see many of you there!

[image]http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/nhramark1/library/Racing[/image] 9.100 @ 150 mph 5.780 @ 120 mph
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3