Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: W2DODGE] #1140873
12/23/11 11:35 PM
12/23/11 11:35 PM
Fredericksburg Va
P
plycuda Offline
mopar
plycuda  Offline
mopar
P

Fredericksburg Va
it's all them junk nitrous cars with stock rods and crank with their pg trans, cowl hoods and 9" rears. I would make them put a diaper around the whole car.

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: rickstershemi] #1140874
12/24/11 01:23 AM
12/24/11 01:23 AM
St. Louis Mo.
10 o to go Offline
"Happy Don"
10 o to go  Offline
"Happy Don"

St. Louis Mo.
Quote:

I have encountered other racers oil on the track at 150+ speeds and I don't like it one bit

If it's a race car PUT A DIAPER ON IT....

Rickster

isn't a racecar anything that goes down the track ?

2009 418" build dan smith built new 9.96 131.82 6.23 108 1.30 60 foot best to date 9/15/09 8in 727 430 dana 2860 lb 3040 lb w driver
Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: Super Scamp] #1140875
12/25/11 03:58 AM
12/25/11 03:58 AM
Temperance, MI
68 HEMI GTS Offline
mopar
68 HEMI GTS  Offline
mopar

Temperance, MI
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

You guys that make statements like that make me laugh. Its the one size fits all theory."I've got one on mine so everybody should be able to fit one on" When this diaper stuff came up originally about 4yrs ago,I took my car over to get the cage recertified. I told the tech director to get down and look and see what he thought about putting a diaper on an A-body with a hemi in it. He got up off the ground with his head shaking. He said no way. Why do you think the west coast hemi team petitioned NHRA to let them put racks on there SS/AH cars? Because it would have been a nightmare with the drag link,#12 oil lines,the headers lay right next to the block and the simple fact there is no room.Right after the NHRA refused to let them alter the steering,they dropped the diaper rule.There were even some chevys complaining because on certain yrs the drag link is right next to the pan. Ya, having a diaper is a great idea, but on some cars is just isn't feasible.

i can't even imagine putting a diaper on my dart, guess if they enforce that its gonna be a street only car.

Maybe you need to be Just a street car. Pretty soon Track liability will catch up with the rules.

Put a diaper on the 10 second Hemroid, I know of 3 outlaw 68 Hemi cars that have Diapers on them.
one with draglink bar through the pan.

thats why its a 10 second hemi. i don't want window nets, jungle gym bars, bars through the dash, pants, shoes, certs, a diaper. this stuff is just getting stupid. if i wanted to deal with it i would have already stepped the motor up a long time ago to run 9's. but i prefer to keep my dart resembling a dart.

stock seats and the radio works

68 Dart GTS "HEMI" 10.30 @ 131 pump gas street car 3780#
69 Roadrunner 511 six pack 10.92 drive to track street car
Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dusturbd340W5] #1140876
12/25/11 11:09 AM
12/25/11 11:09 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Quote:

we need more outlaw tracks

YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT TO GO OUT AND KILL YOUR SELF , PLEASE TRY NOT TO TAKE SOME INNOCENT BYSTANDER WITH YOU!
just because those tracks welcome cars that shouldn't be on the track , there is alot more at stake that just your idea of having fun with a car that cannot pass a mild tech inspection!
there are reasons that they have safety, insurance is big one, keeping spectators from being killed another, bad rep is another, no way I'm taking my 25tho dollar car race against someone who hasn't got the sense to proper lug nut on his car, or put new slicks on when they are in the cords,, or has 10 ft of rubber hose on his fuel line that runs next to his header held up by a plastic tie!
you want to run at a track that could care less of you being in a car with just a roll bar when you should have a full cage, and at least belts that are 5 years old, I have been to those tracks back in the day, yep nice tracks , treat you great , wounder how they fell when they have to peel you out of that car and tell your wife or kids well he did what he loved,sure looked good till caught on fire, mid track,or, man those seat belts looked good on him cant believed they where held on by just a 1/4 bolt threw that rotten floor!
Merry Christmas,

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140877
12/25/11 11:32 AM
12/25/11 11:32 AM
Norwich CT USA
moparts Offline
I Live Here
moparts  Offline
I Live Here

Norwich CT USA
Quote:

YES

But many STREET cars can and do run in the 10's

The 9.99 cut off for just about all the Race Car only stuff is great, but a dipper required on a street car that races couple times a year

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T
1971 Challenger Conv. 511/4 speed
1970 Challenger R/T 503/727

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: moparts] #1140878
12/25/11 12:06 PM
12/25/11 12:06 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Quote:

Quote:

YES

But many STREET cars can and do run in the 10's

The 9.99 cut off for just about all the Race Car only stuff is great, but a dipper required on a street car that races couple times a year

SAY IF YOUR CAR IS REQUIRED A CAGE, THEN A DIAPER, 10.99 faster rule work , it shouldn't have to be ruled, it is a smart thing, they(nhra/ihra/ whom ever) shouldn't have to make it a rule, they fine the pro teams that oil down points and money,, we should do everything 'we' can to present our cars as safe and quality items ,Tey (track owners/managers) present us with a safe track for us and spectators to race on and to watch, I have watch car oil down clean up hour , throw the next pair down , guess what another oil down , wounder why we stay till 2 in the morning?
its cheap, and yes on some cars that are built , it is very hard to put a diaper on , I understand, but , there is something they can put on ! look we build these cars, with alot of money, time ,quality parts, and for some reason we will stumble over the easiest and sometimes the most important parts . What I thought abnout my car was one that first off was safe, for me and others around my car, I thought of things for 'down the road' improvements,

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140879
12/25/11 12:15 PM
12/25/11 12:15 PM
Kissimmee Fl.
D
dusturbd340W5 Offline
master
dusturbd340W5  Offline
master
D

Kissimmee Fl.
Quote:

Quote:

YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT TO GO OUT AND KILL YOUR SELF , PLEASE TRY NOT TO TAKE SOME INNOCENT BYSTANDER WITH YOU!
just because those tracks welcome cars that shouldn't be on the track , there is alot more at stake that just your idea of having fun with a car that cannot pass a mild tech inspection!
there are reasons that they have safety, insurance is big one, keeping spectators from being killed another, bad rep is another, no way I'm taking my 25tho dollar car race against someone who hasn't got the sense to proper lug nut on his car, or put new slicks on when they are in the cords,, or has 10 ft of rubber hose on his fuel line that runs next to his header held up by a plastic tie!
you want to run at a track that could care less of you being in a car with just a roll bar when you should have a full cage, and at least belts that are 5 years old, I have been to those tracks back in the day, yep nice tracks , treat you great , wounder how they fell when they have to peel you out of that car and tell your wife or kids well he did what he loved,sure looked good till caught on fire, mid track,or, man those seat belts looked good on him cant believed they where held on by just a 1/4 bolt threw that rotten floor!
Merry Christmas,

just so your know my car was certed to 7.50 and had every thing but a diaper and a chute,and was 1 of the nicer cars at every track I ran.I had close to 40k in the car.
I just get tiered of some bozo's telling me what all I have to do weather I like it or agree with it or not.If you can't take a little risk to have some fun than you should keep your azz on the porch.
Hell I have been in cars that would run deep in the 9s that had no roll bar at all but then again I ain't skeerd.

70 duster full chassis super pro 416 CNC Indybrock heads 727 w/brake

best so far 1.212 60 6.219 in 1/8 at 110.88 9.768 at 137.81 1/4
Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140880
12/25/11 12:34 PM
12/25/11 12:34 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Merry Christmas,

BS... so you think you cant blow a tire on the track
and cause a major issue... lets step back a little
here... you remember when NHRA said you had to have
a locking dip stick on your trans.... when did you
ever see oil coming out of the dip stick... remember
we have vents on the same trans... sure the locking
dip stick is cheap but come on... I still have never
seen oil come out of it.... maybe they should
make us put a complete catch tray under the whole
damn car... I think I remember someone said that
this sport CAN BE DANGEROUS

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1140881
12/25/11 12:40 PM
12/25/11 12:40 PM
Kissimmee Fl.
D
dusturbd340W5 Offline
master
dusturbd340W5  Offline
master
D

Kissimmee Fl.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Merry Christmas,

BS... so you think you cant blow a tire on the track
and cause a major issue... lets step back a little
here... you remember when NHRA said you had to have
a locking dip stick on your trans.... when did you
ever see oil coming out of the dip stick... remember
we have vents on the same trans... sure the locking
dip stick is cheap but come on... I still have never
seen oil come out of it.... maybe they should
make us put a complete catch tray under the whole
damn car... I think I remember someone said that
this sport CAN BE DANGEROUS

exactly they just keep coming out with more BS
if you can't assume some risk with the sport than you need to stay home

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1140882
12/25/11 12:58 PM
12/25/11 12:58 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
The locking dipstick deal is a chevy power glide deal, yes I have seen it on those trans. maybe not on your high dollar piece.
accidents are rare, granted, tires ,oil, trans breakage is the biggest issue,and the one that causes the greatest risk.
I think its funny what we will accept till someone who is running something that hurts someone else or destroys another mans car in the other lane, because he's top lazy or well 'THAT'S RACING' attidude.
Wasn't to long ago a pro racer was told not to run certain hoosier tire, did it anyways, lost his car and took out another, everyone said he needed to step up replace his car,! wounder what they say, "WELL ITS RACING" "ITS DANGEROUS" TO BAD SORRY"
we will spend thousand of dollars building cars that run faster than they ever had, and we want to run them like we are still in the 50s

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140883
12/25/11 01:11 PM
12/25/11 01:11 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Mr. do gooder at his best

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140884
12/25/11 01:30 PM
12/25/11 01:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

The locking dipstick deal is a chevy power glide deal, yes I have seen it on those trans. maybe not on your high dollar piece.
accidents are rare, granted, tires ,oil, trans breakage is the biggest issue,and the one that causes the greatest risk.
I think its funny what we will accept till someone who is running something that hurts someone else or destroys another mans car in the other lane, because he's top lazy or well 'THAT'S RACING' attidude.
Wasn't to long ago a pro racer was told not to run certain hoosier tire, did it anyways, lost his car and took out another, everyone said he needed to step up replace his car,! wounder what they say, "WELL ITS RACING" "ITS DANGEROUS" TO BAD SORRY"
we will spend thousand of dollars building cars that run faster than they ever had, and we want to run them like we are still in the 50s

It wasn't that long ago the the Goodyear tires on the TF's and FC's were falling apart every few runs and NHRA was running them anyway.

Oh I forgot. NHRA makes the rules and were looking out for the racers saftey instead of money issues.

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: Quicktree] #1140885
12/25/11 01:31 PM
12/25/11 01:31 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Quote:

,no-one will ever agree,
just funny that the things we will accept , and not accept!
Personally if your building a car, tons of money involved, make it as safe as you can , don't wait til something has to be mandated, then cry about it when it does!
tech at almost all tracks, is mild , unless your running a national event, otherwise all they care about is belts helmet,neutral safety switch, that's about it.
chevy guy goes out and for some reason his whole tire wheel axle an all comes out the other side, hits gaurd rail , I have seen that happen on no less than 2 on the same night,,mmm and I'm a 'do gooder', whatch a guy make a run and throw oil all the way down the track, only to see him run again later blow up turn his car upside down down track , ,and I'm a 'do gooder'?
see what I mean ,

Last edited by dennismopar73; 12/25/11 01:32 PM.
Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dusturbd340W5] #1140886
12/25/11 01:34 PM
12/25/11 01:34 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Merry Christmas,

just so your know my car was certed to 7.50 and had every thing but a diaper and a chute,and was 1 of the nicer cars at every track I ran.I had close to 40k in the car.
I just get tiered of some bozo's telling me what all I have to do weather I like it or agree with it or not.If you can't take a little risk to have some fun than you should keep your azz on the porch.
Hell I have been in cars that would run deep in the 9s that had no roll bar at all but then again I ain't skeerd.

Well said and each man his own opinions which are well taken. WHEN I get the boot, I may go ahead and finish my cage, get a net yada, yada, yada IF I choose to keep racing............at a track theat is. I`ll probably go where the real money is and street race where ANYTHING goes. I live on the edge.............always have, always will.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140887
12/25/11 01:41 PM
12/25/11 01:41 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

,no-one will ever agree,
just funny that the things we will accept , and not accept!
Personally if your building a car, tons of money involved, make it as safe as you can , don't wait til something has to be mandated, then cry about it when it does!
tech at almost all tracks, is mild , unless your running a national event, otherwise all they care about is belts helmet,neutral safety switch, that's about it.
chevy guy goes out and for some reason his whole tire wheel axle an all comes out the other side, hits gaurd rail , I have seen that happen on no less than 2 on the same night,,mmm and I'm a 'do gooder', whatch a guy make a run and throw oil all the way down the track, only to see him run again later blow up turn his car upside down down track , ,and I'm a 'do gooder'?
see what I mean ,

the problem with all of that is they are slowly pushing people out of racing with all of their so called safety rules. it's getting harder for the average person to afford the cost of racing. If I thought for a second that my belts were unsafe or anything for that matter I wouldn't take the car down the track. I have been racing for over 30 years and have only seen a handful of racers getting hurt or injuring others due to a failed safety device. and I have never seen a safety belt fail even before they came up with these BS rules.

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140888
12/25/11 01:51 PM
12/25/11 01:51 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

When I was building my car I needed to talk to the
head tech guy for the IHRA... I will always remember
what he said.... "we are not your baby sitter" he
also said if you build a solid car you wont have
any issues... If you notice that its the NHRA with all
the BS rules...they can fall by the way side and it
wouldnt hurt my feelings a bit

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1140889
12/25/11 02:30 PM
12/25/11 02:30 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
As it progresses ,ihra ,adrl whom ever, will all go to some sort of updated rules or already have rules, they will move rules to suit what they have more or less.
as we move ahead more rules will come down, some will just pass on it and move out of racing.others will just update move forward for the betterment of racing.
I decided to have a car that could easily pass 9.90 rules , but only run it in 10,o classes, but it will be as safe or even safer than alot of cars out there.
as for belts, yeah it stinks, but i can get free update on them so close to 4.5 years on belts then replace is alright by me, besides they're only 75-80$ really cheap to keep your a$$ in the car !

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dennismopar73] #1140890
12/25/11 02:41 PM
12/25/11 02:41 PM
Kissimmee Fl.
D
dusturbd340W5 Offline
master
dusturbd340W5  Offline
master
D

Kissimmee Fl.
Quote:

As it progresses ,ihra ,adrl whom ever, will all go to some sort of updated rules or already have rules, they will move rules to suit what they have more or less.
as we move ahead more rules will come down, some will just pass on it and move out of racing.others will just update move forward for the betterment of racing.
I decided to have a car that could easily pass 9.90 rules , but only run it in 10,o classes, but it will be as safe or even safer than alot of cars out there.
as for belts, yeah it stinks, but i can get free update on them so close to 4.5 years on belts then replace is alright by me, besides they're only 75-80$ really cheap to keep your a$$ in the car !

That's fine if you buy the cheap belts but I buy good cam lock belts.
But the guy running a 11 sec car with stock seats can have 40 year old belts and that's ok but let him install a 5 point belt to be a little safer and now he needs new belts every 2 years that's STUPID I don't care how you look at it.
Just like a lot of there rules.

Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: dusturbd340W5] #1140891
12/25/11 04:05 PM
12/25/11 04:05 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Rules are fine, and should be updated as new problems arise, but, one has to be practical.

Although I have no issues with updating my belts every two years, you will never convince me it is nothing but a way to have contingency sponsors sell more belts. No one will ever convince me of a practical need for two year replacement. Maybe in something where you clean out the inside with a hose, but not in enclosed cars not unlike those driven daily. Ain't buyin' it.

Same with the diapers. You can count on one hand the number of times an AH car oiled down the track within the last five years, and they run those to 10K rpm. It's the matter of running good stuff, putting it together right, and using your head. Use a good cage, make sure your stuff is clean and right, stay away from the nitrous unless you've got the motor to take it. As Mr. Peabody so well put it..."they aren't your baby sitter". So true.

As far as the argument "well it might happen", yeah it might. Why don't you make everyone race a Sherman tank? How about outlawing locking up the brakes on the big end to keep from breaking out? Or, how about outlawing delay boxes so you don't have a 160mph car going past a 100mph car in the lights? How about something simple as trained tech people and tightening up the rules that are in place?

This is a deal where it is designed to sell stuff, plain and simple. I'm not opposed to a diaper if one wants to run one, if it gives someone some peace of mind, go for it. But making it a requirement is dumb.

And, as Jody said earlier, it's not only a MoPar pain in the butt rule, the Fairlanes are as bad if not worse than us.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: NE1 else hearing that Diapers will be required on 10.99 [Re: Steve1118] #1140892
12/25/11 04:27 PM
12/25/11 04:27 PM
SW Ohio
C
cgall Offline
top fuel
cgall  Offline
top fuel
C

SW Ohio
Steve, you and I think alike, getting to the root of the problem. When they came out with the blanket muffler rule in 2000, there was no specification for limits on decibels. The Stock and S/S guys said "no way", and the rule was waived for them.

Go tell those guys on Classracer that they need diapers and let us know what they say...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6