G
Get-X Offline
mopar
Get-X  Offline
mopar
G

Michigan
Quote:

you need somebody or something. the way it works is they use the tree to stage and the guy getting the break can leave anytime he wants after the first yellow comes on. it actually works pretty good.

I get it Bob, it's just that he called me a hillbilly so I had to answer back

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: bigtimeauto] #1130149
12/10/11 05:27 PM
12/10/11 05:27 PM
LONG ISLAND
fishy340 Offline OP
master
fishy340  Offline OP
master

LONG ISLAND
hey Bobby nice to see you again,im going to say Merry christmas in english so i dont offend the hill billy with my wiggerish or whatever he said way.I guess growing up in a city,kinda makes me sound like a tuff guy or thug...lmao

Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: fishy340] #1130150
12/10/11 05:37 PM
12/10/11 05:37 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

hey Bobby nice to see you again,im going to say Merry christmas in english so i dont offend the hill billy with my wiggerish or whatever he said way.I guess growing up in a city,kinda makes me sound like a tuff guy or thug...lmao

Hmmm i must talk the same way cause i understand everything! If they ever stood in the pits at atco or englishtown before a race goes down their heads would be spinning!!

thanks and right back at you.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: fishy340] #1130151
12/10/11 05:44 PM
12/10/11 05:44 PM
Michigan
G
Get-X Offline
mopar
Get-X  Offline
mopar
G

Michigan
Quote:

Let me try to explain what I meant. Most grudge videos, races and threads are full of thuggery, gibberish and a lot of "terms" that non "grudge" racers have no idea what they mean. So when you start using terms like "brake", we think you mean like disc brakes Then the "clean", so we assume someone is going to clean something Then a self professed "Real Street drag racing" video takes place at a track using a tree. Then to make matters worse, one car leaves on what looks like the first yellow, and the other guy leaves on what looks like the second yellow. Now a lot of us fresh mouthed hillbilles just can't wrap our simple minds around what just happened cuz that ain't how Paw show'd us'ins to use that ther tree! So you can see how confusion and chaos broke out!

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: Get-X] #1130152
12/10/11 06:50 PM
12/10/11 06:50 PM
Newport, Mi
Evil Spirit Offline
master
Evil Spirit  Offline
master

Newport, Mi
Giving someone the "brake" has nothing to do with when they leave - it's how they leave - off the transbrake. Giving them the "leave" means they can leave anytime after both cars are ready, which is about a 4 tenths head start. And the 4 tenths head start is worth about 6 1/2 cars at the stripe when the trap speeds are about 170, not only 4.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: fishy340] #1130153
12/10/11 09:58 PM
12/10/11 09:58 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WOW, did this thread take a wrong turn.

Andy keep this stuff on the bullet where people enjoy and know what they are watching.

I think it's more in the way it was presented, the tough guy thug know it all attitude and the lack of an explaination as to what was happening that set the tone for this thread. I was in the ghetto street racing on French road and Outer Drive probably before some of these guys were born LOL. I kinda understood what was happening, but not completely because we normally ran heads-up or just gave cars if a spot was needed or just let the slower car leave, which is what happened here just in a more complicated way.

Would it have been so hard to simply explain in English what was happening to those of us that don't speak wiggerese? We all like fast cars and racing, and I'd be willing to bet that 90% street raced some as a kid. Because some didn't understand the set-up or the latest hip and trendy thug terms doesn't mean they were hating on the cars or the racing.

is me saying the sb got the brake and clear to complicated for you???? sounds like your a real hill billy w a fresh mouth.I would like to say if you give someone car lenghts at the track..where do you stage in the water box,get your facts right.(street racing) looks like a track to me?

Dude you posted about BB vs SB...ok neither are mopars we can get over that. Not much of fair race if you have to spot somebody a light or 2. We have grude races at the track all the time. They are all heads up. Big tire..small tire BB Sb doesn't matter. Both those car haul tail and both are very nice. I don't know why you get so bent. I guess you know one of the guys, maybe the chevy guy?
So yeah maybe a better explaination would have helped.

Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: Get-X] #1130154
12/11/11 01:59 AM
12/11/11 01:59 AM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Then a self professed "Real Street drag racing" video takes place at a track using a tree.

So I guess when you go to the movies and it says dreamworks before the movie you guys think the whole movie is a dream.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1130155
12/11/11 02:08 AM
12/11/11 02:08 AM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Andy keep this stuff on the bullet where people enjoy and know what they are watching.

I think it's more in the way it was presented, the tough guy thug know it all attitude and the lack of an explaination as to what was happening that set the tone for this thread. I was in the ghetto street racing on French road and Outer Drive probably before some of these guys were born LOL. I kinda understood what was happening, but not completely because we normally ran heads-up or just gave cars if a spot was needed or just let the slower car leave, which is what happened here just in a more complicated way.

Would it have been so hard to simply explain in English what was happening to those of us that don't speak wiggerese? We all like fast cars and racing, and I'd be willing to bet that 90% street raced some as a kid. Because some didn't understand the set-up or the latest hip and trendy thug terms doesn't mean they were hating on the cars or the racing.

is me saying the sb got the brake and clear to complicated for you???? sounds like your a real hill billy w a fresh mouth.I would like to say if you give someone car lenghts at the track..where do you stage in the water box,get your facts right.(street racing) looks like a track to me?

Dude you posted about BB vs SB...ok neither are mopars we can get over that. Not much of fair race if you have to spot somebody a light or 2. We have grude races at the track all the time. They are all heads up. Big tire..small tire BB Sb doesn't matter. Both those car haul tail and both are very nice. I don't know why you get so bent. I guess you know one of the guys, maybe the chevy guy?

Well I have been grudge racing for 12-15 yrs and can count on one hand the amount of heads up races I have been offered. Most of the time I would give the break (the other car gets to leave first) to big block chevies to my small block on spray.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: Evil Spirit] #1130156
12/11/11 02:20 AM
12/11/11 02:20 AM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Giving someone the "brake" has nothing to do with when they leave - it's how they leave - off the transbrake. Giving them the "leave" means they can leave anytime after both cars are ready, which is about a 4 tenths head start. And the 4 tenths head start is worth about 6 1/2 cars at the stripe when the trap speeds are about 170, not only 4.

wow your 4 slow on a chase? you might not want to do any grudge racing then

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: bigtimeauto] #1130157
12/11/11 02:56 AM
12/11/11 02:56 AM
Newport, Mi
Evil Spirit Offline
master
Evil Spirit  Offline
master

Newport, Mi
Quote:

Quote:

wow your 4 slow on a chase? you might not want to do any grudge racing then

The 4 tenths is pretty much the average time it takes to see the other car leave, react, and for the second car to actually move. Pretty much the same as a .400 pro tree - if you can't consistantly red light a .400 tree you are giving up at least 4 cars on the big end by giving someone the leave.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: Get-X] #1130158
12/11/11 09:55 AM
12/11/11 09:55 AM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.

Let me see if I can shed some light on this growing dilemma.

Example A....

Yo.....stips is da game. Whachu think, dude gunna grab a lane wit dude dat don't sit da same??? Fer paper??? Sheeeeet, dis homie be whack!!! DIG!?!?!?!?!

Example A Translation....

Excuse me kind sir......but stipulations are simply a part of this phenomenon known as "grudge" racing. You can't believe, for even a second, that one competitor would line up against another competitor if their vehicles have been assembled in completely different fashions.....it just wouldn't be prudent. Especially if currency is involved. Poop, for you to think along these lines tells me you need immediate psychiatric attention. CAPICE!?!?!?!?!

See....not so far removed from the King's English, taught in classrooms coast-to-coast.

Last edited by jim sciortino; 12/11/11 09:56 AM.
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: jim sciortino] #1130159
12/11/11 12:23 PM
12/11/11 12:23 PM
Michigan
G
Get-X Offline
mopar
Get-X  Offline
mopar
G

Michigan
Quote:

Example A....

Yo.....stips is da game. Whachu think, dude gunna grab a lane wit dude dat don't sit da same??? Fer paper??? Sheeeeet, dis homie be whack!!! DIG!?!?!?!?!

Excuse me kind sir......but stipulations are simply a part of this phenomenon known as "grudge" racing. You can't believe, for even a second, that one competitor would line up against another competitor if their vehicles have been assembled in completely different fashions.....it just wouldn't be prudent. Especially if currency is involved. Poop, for you to think along these lines tells me you need immediate psychiatric attention. CAPICE!?!?!?!?!

See....not so far removed from the King's English, taught in classrooms coast-to-coast.

Thanks Jim!!

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: Get-X] #1130160
12/11/11 01:35 PM
12/11/11 01:35 PM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Quote:

Quote:

Example A....

Thanks Jim!!

I'm just glad I could help.

Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: 1967dartgt] #1130161
12/11/11 01:40 PM
12/11/11 01:40 PM
LONG ISLAND
fishy340 Offline OP
master
fishy340  Offline OP
master

LONG ISLAND
Quote:

Then a self professed "Real Street drag racing" video takes place at a track using a tree.

So I guess when you go to the movies and it says dreamworks before the movie you guys think the whole movie is a dream.

that made me really laugh hard Brad,its exactly what went through my head,when i read that statement.lmao

Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: jim sciortino] #1130162
12/11/11 01:42 PM
12/11/11 01:42 PM
LONG ISLAND
fishy340 Offline OP
master
fishy340  Offline OP
master

LONG ISLAND
hey Jim howudoin? in english how are you doing today..lmao

Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: fishy340] #1130163
12/11/11 01:48 PM
12/11/11 01:48 PM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
There are more jobs available when you are bilingual just not sure what you guys are speaking qualifies.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1130164
12/11/11 01:52 PM
12/11/11 01:52 PM
LONG ISLAND
fishy340 Offline OP
master
fishy340  Offline OP
master

LONG ISLAND
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

let me say first MIR is a great track,you say you have grudge racing all the time and its heads up,all the time? bb vs sb doesn't matter? ok so lets say i wanna race bigtime,his 1500hp bb vs my 720hp sb! you dont see why i would ask for a big head start? or another example would be if i took my car that ran 9.50's sb vs your BB meth injected car that runs 11.50's,would you race me heads up?

Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: fishy340] #1130165
12/11/11 02:00 PM
12/11/11 02:00 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
I'll runya on the 'duit if ya gives me the leaves

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: hemi-itis] #1130166
12/11/11 02:05 PM
12/11/11 02:05 PM
LONG ISLAND
fishy340 Offline OP
master
fishy340  Offline OP
master

LONG ISLAND
Well are you fixin to give me the head start,cause i wreckin i cant hang with your tail.yeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwww lol

Re: my boys sb vs tube chassis bb [Re: fishy340] #1130167
12/11/11 02:09 PM
12/11/11 02:09 PM
Trumbull,CT.
J
jim sciortino Offline
top fuel
jim sciortino  Offline
top fuel
J

Trumbull,CT.
Quote: