Marlboro, NY, USA
R
Rick_Ehrenberg Offline
top fuel
Rick_Ehrenberg  Offline
top fuel
R

Marlboro, NY, USA
Anything and everything I've ever had from AAR didn't fit AT ALL. Crudely packaged, too. Good surface finish, IF you can get it to fit.

One especially bad (A-body) example had no way to attach the fender, no hardware provision, mounting pad misplaced, no headlamp provision, no splash shield provision, etc. See pix for one example.

E-body stuff I've used has been just as bad.

Avoid at all costs.

Rick

Re: BAD company for fiberglass parts? [Re: Rick_Ehrenberg] #1101441
11/04/11 01:43 PM
11/04/11 01:43 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Anything and everything I've ever had from AAR didn't fit AT ALL. Crudely packaged, too. Good surface finish, IF you can get it to fit.

One especially bad (A-body) example had no way to attach the fender, no hardware provision, mounting pad misplaced, no headlamp provision, no splash shield provision, etc. See pix for one example.

E-body stuff I've used has been just as bad.

Avoid at all costs.

Rick

A,B,E bodies all use a stud/nut/bolt arrangement in that upper corner attachment point, most, if not all fiberglass fenders will be lacking in that area, and agreeded, some manufacturers offerings don't have all the flanges and provisions we'd like to see on a fiberglass product,....but it's not really that hard to glass in a mounting strip/flange or stud/nut assembly is it?......I know some guys are all thumbs, and expect a componet to jump out of the box and install itself, but really Rick,....you guys couldn't get "anything" to fit

Re: BAD company for fiberglass parts? [Re: DAYCLONA] #1101442
11/23/11 05:39 PM
11/23/11 05:39 PM
Marlboro, NY, USA
R
Rick_Ehrenberg Offline
top fuel
Rick_Ehrenberg  Offline
top fuel
R

Marlboro, NY, USA
Quote:

<snip...>I know some guys are all thumbs, and expect a componet to jump out of the box and install itself, but really Rick,....you guys couldn't get "anything" to fit

If you look at the pix, you'll see that the reinforcement area (where the stock weld-nut should go) was simply misplaced. I hadda pop-rivet and bond on a plate which needed to be cantilevered out. If the reinforcement had at least been properly placed...

AAR stuff is top buck but not top shelf! There's simply no excuse for this, sorry. All too typical of shoddy stuff from AAR.

The Canadian ones I had prior to this bolted right on. The AARs were said to be "much better"...?

Rick

Page 2 of 2 1 2