08/02/11 04:33 PM
Syracuse,NY
CompWedgeEngines Offline
master
CompWedgeEngines  Offline
master

Syracuse,NY
Rob,

I know ( I believe because of Monte) that NOS/Holley went thru and changed their instructions fairly recently to much better be inline with current tune ups and systems...they have definately improved..

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.
Re: Help with NOS.. fuel pressure [Re: CompWedgeEngines] #1043351
08/02/11 05:53 PM
08/02/11 05:53 PM
Overpriced Housing Central
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here
RobX4406  Offline
I Live Here

Quote:

Rob,

I know ( I believe because of Monte) that NOS/Holley went thru and changed their instructions fairly recently to much better be inline with current tune ups and systems...they have definately improved..

Yep.

Those compucar instruction the OP accessed are not very good. I'd be on the phone with them to ask flowing fuel pressure requirement, plate jetting and timing retard they recommend, none of which appeared in the instruction from my glance at them. Maybe I missed them.

I agree it's not rocket science, just get a good foundation to work from with fuel delivery, etc. and you're miles ahead.

IMO, 5 psi to the carb is not going to work well, should be in the 6-7.5 range.

The fuel return line straight off the log seems odd and would need a check valve/restrictor in it to maintain pressure in the log. Hard to tell from the picture what exactly is going on. If there isn't a check valve I'd be wary of any fuel pressure readings.

I'd deadhead the fuel system for now. Set the fuel pressure in the log to 7 psi. From the other outlet of your holley regulator, run a line to another regulator, stepping pressure down to 5-6 psi for the fuel solenoid (or whatever compucar recommends).

Re: Help with NOS.. fuel pressure [Re: RobX4406] #1043352
08/10/11 01:59 AM
08/10/11 01:59 AM
NE Oklahoma
V
Von Offline
master
Von  Offline
master
V

NE Oklahoma
To the OP, save yourself alot of grief (and some pistons) and PM bigsqueeze. EDIT, it appears squeeze is no longer with us. If you want PM me and I'll give you his phone number..He will get you the correct jetting and how much timing to pull out. Most of the recommendations (didnt read all of them) are pig freakin fat.....Fat kills pistons....

On reading the plugs you have to either have to cut the threads off the plug with a cutter or get a magnifying glass. You arent intereted in anything but the very bottom of the plug. If it shows any color....its too fat....

IMO, dont run anything but NGKs. NGKs will usually melt the ground strap before you melt pistons. Some (autolites for ex) wont....

Last edited by Von; 08/10/11 02:07 AM.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.
Re: Help with NOS.. fuel pressure [Re: Von] #1043353
08/10/11 03:01 AM
08/10/11 03:01 AM
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here
RobX4406  Offline
I Live Here

Quote:

To the OP, save yourself alot of grief (and some pistons) and PM bigsqueeze. EDIT, it appears squeeze is no longer with us. If you want PM me and I'll give you his phone number..He will get you the correct jetting and how much timing to pull out. Most of the recommendations (didnt read all of them) are pig freakin fat.....Fat kills pistons....

On reading the plugs you have to either have to cut the threads off the plug with a cutter or get a magnifying glass. You arent intereted in anything but the very bottom of the plug. If it shows any color....its too fat....

IMO, dont run anything but NGKs. NGKs will usually melt the ground strap before you melt pistons. Some (autolites for ex) wont....

Wayne is still here, look in the a bodies for sale, he posted his Dart a few days ago.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...fpart=&vc=1

Page 2 of 2 1 2