02/19/04 01:40 PM
Garden Grove, CA
OzHemi Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger
OzHemi  Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger

Garden Grove, CA
Tom,
If there is not official one (or until then) be happy to send you a copy I taped from the broadcast.. Just shout

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 [Re: OzHemi] #10268
02/19/04 02:08 PM
02/19/04 02:08 PM
Ramona, CA
NicksGarage Offline
master
NicksGarage  Offline
master

Ramona, CA
Great Show!

I had to tape it twice as we had severe weather alerts blasting over the TV right when they started talking about the second generation Chargers. ARRGH!

The hour format was much better. They always skipped a lot of stuff when trying to squeeze into 30 minutes. Could have spent less time on the history of Dodge but that is interesting too. I was surprised that there wasn't much mention of the Super Bee, especially the A12 cars.

Was cool to see the Bober's cars side by side at the end. I have a certain affinity for high-impact '71s.

Nick.

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 [Re: NicksGarage] #10269
02/19/04 02:48 PM
02/19/04 02:48 PM
Youngsville, NC
D
dem440c Offline OP
pro stock
dem440c  Offline OP
pro stock
D

Youngsville, NC
A+ on the show, in fact, I went to the Speed channel site and sent in some very positive feedback and a request for more! I for one loved the history lesson as there was a lot that I didn't know. I too was surprised at the lack of mention of the Super Bee, but I guess it's fair to say that sales-wise this car was overshadowed by the Road runner. Overall I thought the show was very well produced and the content was first rate. I rewound that one shot of the hemi Dart running thru the gears from inside the car over and over with the volume cranked- man, what a sound!

We want more! If that show had gone on for five hours, I would've sat right there and watched it.

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 [Re: dem440c] #10270
02/19/04 09:26 PM
02/19/04 09:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A great 1 hour show.Those responsible...good job!!!!!!
You will never hear it from from hot rod mag but the show brings to light how lame chevy(gm) was in the golden era of nascar racing.Makes you wonder why Bill France changed the the rules???

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 #10271
02/20/04 12:06 AM
02/20/04 12:06 AM
USA
F
FY1CUDA Offline
master
FY1CUDA  Offline
master
F

USA
JohnnyBee, Hey! I know you! I guess I was typing while you were posting! Lol!
No, Thank You and your Lovely Wife! To drive as far as you did and uncertain weather conditions? And Coollllddddddddd!
(For FL anyways!) I am really glad to hear from one of the true stars of the show! I am glad you liked the show! That means a lot!

As for Paul Z.? I wish I knew 1/2 of what he knows! I hope my delivery on camera will be as polished as Pauls some day.
It's only a dream at this point! I can only hope to get more opportunities to get better!

Stan? Stan is the consumate Pro and friend! Stan and Ken are the one's with the vision and passion, and along with Speed Channel, they make it work and all possible!

As for Randy Bolig! He is way ahead of the curve at his age in this industry! Great guy! He is sick though! Remember he offered to put his convertible top down for the camera man to be able to get good shots during the drive alongs. It was COLD out! Brave or crazy? Not sure which! Lol!
Again, much thanks to my new friends, Ramona & John Bober!

Originalwedge - Thanks for your neat observations! Glad you enjoyed the show.

Tom - Mr. Moparts! - Thanks for this great place for all of us Mopar Nuts! You have mail!

killercuda - Twice last night? You are more sick than I! Lol! Thanks for the kind words and I'll keep updated on availability of DVD. I know we'll offer VHS.
Plymouth show!? Lol! Never know! Tell www.Speedtv.com

CharlieB - Thanks, See above We're trying!!

Oz - Thanks again for all your neat bumps! Also, FYI, because of contract reasons, we can't distribute tapes for 90 days after the 1st show actually airs. I'll up-date!
We are currently up-dating the American MuscleCar website!
I'll be in touch.
NicksGarage - Thanks! Bober's, HI IMPACT 71's? Oh Yea!

Dem440c - Thanks for contacting Speed Channel! Sorry we could not have more Super Bee's for the time allowed. Just ran out of time!
Thanks for the positve words though!

Ted - Thanks! I agree, more early drags content.

mcat4321 - Thanks and glad you liked the show and my Cuda and friends SuperBird at the end of the show.

Burnt70RT - Thank you! Life was cool back then. Too bad I was not born until 57! Lol! I'm CAN'T really complaining tho!

Darrell - Not sure! I'll have to go back and review! Lol!

drbill - Thank you! You and your Bro's cars!? Too cool!!

strongerthanall - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed and for the input!

DanH - Thank You! I'll pass on the kind thoughts to Stan and Ken, as well as Speed Channel. Bill France?? Lol!
Thanks again to everyone here! You make this place ROCK!
Chuck West
Program Coordinator

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 [Re: FY1CUDA] #10272
02/20/04 12:13 AM
02/20/04 12:13 AM
Garden Grove, CA
OzHemi Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger
OzHemi  Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger

Garden Grove, CA
No problem at all Chuck, just happy to try and get more people watching in some way

And I hear ya on the tape, and timing involved..

Great job again

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3