Quote:

So a real good question to ask is: EXACTLY what am I going to notice compared to what I currently have?

1" (I think actually .92) torsion bars

Edelbrock shocks

Can't remember what size sway bar - but it is beefy - as I remember it is close to the AAR bar.

Firm Feel Stage 2 box

FF Fast Ratio idler and pitman arms

My biggest concern is that I really won't feel much benefit if I don't go with a larger sized wheel/tire combo (a size in which a high performance tire can be bought). I will not be upgrading rolling stock, so really... the swap may not be worthwhile. The idea rattling in my head is that I have to spend $2K anyway, might as well spend a little (okay, double) more and upgrade. It's just in my nature. Man, I wish good tires (that looked "good" too) could be bought in a 15" size. Or I wish someone made 16"-17" aluminum Rallye wheels that looked right (It'd be nice if I could upsize my brakes too).

i know the rack and pinion has a real precise feel to it. kinda hard to explain. but even when i was running skinny VW tires up front the car would stick to the road. it suprised quite a few people when they saw how fast i could take bends in the road. in my opinion even with a perfectly set up stock style suspension there is just too many parts that can cause slop no matter how new they are. think about it. 4 tie rod ends,pitman arm, idler arm, steering box,strut rods. all that stuff needs to move before the wheels do. don't have half that stuff to move with a rack. plus all the added room under the car you will love when you goto work on it. only you can make the decision. you should really call bill and talk with him about it. may want to ask about what backspace limitations you will run into also.