With a lot of help from some of you guys I'm now close to the rebuild of my three 2300 carbs (1970 Challenger 440 SixPack).

I still have two questions:

I have to remove the throttle shafts since there is dirt in their bearings and I'm sure I should clean those. So I have to remove the throttle flaps. But the rebuild kits (3-396) seem not to contain those 4 little brass screws that fix the two flaps to each shaft. Since they are "bent" (smashed) on their tips to be secured, I think it's wise to grind their tips off before removing them - but then I need new ones... Should I just look for some similar screws? Will iron be okay? Or where can I get twelve of those brass screws???

The secondary vacuum pots are working well. I know I will destroy the vacuum membrans when I open them. Inspecting the borders of the membrans that stick out over the cover shows that those are a bit brickly - cause they're old and were outside of the pot...
Replace them or leave them alone?

And, finally, I'm still looking for a float bowl with inlet from the right side (one of mines has inlet on the left what looks very odd since it takes a fuel line to go to the other side). It's one of the outboarders, so it has the pump-hole closed. Does anyone may have such a bowl flying arround and want to sell it???

Thanks!!

After all these years having a 440 I realized that this means having an attitude... and a budget.