OK. I fiddled with it some more and test drove it again.

The "rough" running is definitely RPM related. It somewhat bucks and so forth at certain speeds. I don't have a tach in the car right now, but it is in second at about 25 MPH or about 55 MPH in 3rd.

Currently my total timing is 36 degrees advance, with the VA plugged and at about 2500 RPM as measured with an underhood tach.

I have done the following, more as learning thing than anything, today:

Different ECU
Different coil
Checked plug wires - all within spec
Checked firing order 3 x's
New cap and rotor
Different pick-up in distributor
Etc. I think you get the point.

Same thing. I can advance / retard timing. It runs a bit different, but it still has the same basic running situation as before.

I am looking closely at the carb. I haven't touched it. It runs so well at idle you over look things. I have never ran it at all on the road, only on this car. The rest of the time it is a low RPM plow truck carb.

At WOT it is smooth and pulls pretty good, but at any constant RPM in the normal driving range it isn't happy.

As some have said, it may be a lean thing. It is an Eddy 600 on a 440 and I live at 4500 ' elevation. Sounds like there could be some lean going on.

Without starting the usual carb fight, I do have a 3310 that I have ran on other rigs. I may throw that on. Not much more to do electrically right now.

One member mentioned doing a compression check. I need to do that as well next week.

Thoughts on the situation being more fuel related? I have a new tank and new fuel pump etc.

Thank you for your help. I will get it going.....

ROB

1989 Dodge Cummins & 1989 Dodge W-250