Quote:

I have heard Dexron from some trans builders and Type F from other builders. Maybe we should use 50% dexron and 50% type F. I have been using Mobil 1 ATF. It is Synthetic and for all transmissions, at least that is what I was told. I have aprox. 950 passes on the 727 in the Lebaron with same Mobil 1 fluid as the first pass. This is the beginning of 3rd season. No band adjustment or any maint. at all. Still cherry red and smelling sweet. Won S/P and made it to semis in FB this past sat night. 15 passes in 1 night. Now let me go find some wood to knock on.

So tell me how are you going to save money by changing the cheap regular fluid more often? Synthetic is the only way to go in my opinion. Having said that I use Hyundai SPIII in mine, it's synthetic and I get it for free, can't beat that with a stick.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.