What a cool story...

I kind of lucked in to mine. A Challenger convertible had been a dream car of mine for many years and I actually blew a chance at one about 15 years ago over price. The same price by the way for a finished car that I later paid for this project! I host an all Mopar Muscle car show here at the dealership every year and two years ago a guy from eastern New Mexico called the store looking for the fellow that puts that show on. I told him that he had the right guy and as we got to talking I relaized who he was and that he had shown up to our show with a 340 4Speed Challenger on a trailer for sale but left before one of my friends could see it. I asked him about it and he said it had sold already...I asked if he had anything else for sale and he says...well, I have a couple Challenger Convertibles I would like to get rid of... and my jaw dropped. Obviously I ended up with it. Original 318 plum crazy purple. I got the original engine and trans but a 318??? naahhh!

By the way, the show I am talking about is coming around again May21st if anyone wat to comeout for some good BBQ and a bunch of good ole Mopar fans