Quote:

You have 2 choices, either replace the alternator or get a new pulley, That pulley has a overrunning clutch in it and is a very common problem.
Take the alternator off and pop the plastic cover off the end of the pulley and you WILL find it all rusty.
They will make noise in 2 places depending on how bad the clutch is rusted.
One is the pulley itself, the other (also caused by the pulley) is the belt will flutter in the span between the crank and the A/C compressor.
Touch the throttle or take away any loading and it will quit.
There is a special tool to remove it that dosen`t work worth a crap....Take a 17mm headed bolt, flat washer and nut... screw them together, weld the nut to the bolt, pop the plastic cover off, insert the bolt head into the pulley, give it a few good quick pops with a impact and it will screw right off

Current dealer part number for the pulley is 4861506AH $98.85

Rick

Edit: if you want to check it, looking at it from the front of the pulley it should drive the alternator stator turning in a clockwise motion.
A good one will smoothly (keyword) freewheel with some slight tension in counter clockwise rotation. if it won`t freewheel it IS bad.

Its the clutch. I had the same issue on mine. It will fail completely eventually.

I used to care but....... things have changed