I don’t know why electricity hates me right now. I installed a entire new underdash wiring harness and A/C harness in my 71 valiant after the original died due to a electrical short. Everything works except the HVAC controls for some reason. For reference the car is a 71 valiant scamp that was a factory A/C car. The car is all stock and original other than the swap from the A904 to a A833OD and a upgrade to a modern A/C compressor using the bouchillon kit. Everything was working fine before I had to replace the harness.

Current problems:

-No power to the HVAC controls other than the blue and green wires which connect in the center of the vacuum control. (red arrow in pic) These two wires have 12V to them all the time when the ignition is on.

-With the ignition on, there is no power to any other wires attached to the HVAC controls including the fan regardless of the positioning of the switches.

-There is a constant 12V going to the A/C compressor clutch all the time when the ignition is on. I have it disconnected currently so as not to hurt it.

Also, while the electrical controls are not working, the vacuum controls do appear to be working properly.

A couple more pics to follow, but

Thanks,
-Jon

6589471-controls.jpg (57 downloads)

70 challenger convertible. 340/5 speed. blown, intercooled, efi, blah blah blah 71 valiant scamp 318/A833OD/AC/PS 00 dakota RC 4.7L 5 spd autoX'r. SRT10/T56 swap in process 73 W200 Power wagon, PTO winch, 4 spd