.035 to .028 is a rather large jump in IFR size. I'd first return the float level to normal and see if that fixes the problem. My guess is it won't, but "normal" is a great place to start.

Try get a good idle, while keeping the fuel pinched as much as possible. I'd suggest returning to the stock IAB size - whatever that was - getting the IFR as close as possible, then fine tuning with IABs. If it works out that the best idle is with the screws 1 turn out, there are probably more benefits to be realized with smaller IFRs. If the best idle is obtained with the screws so far out that further enrichment is impossible, you went too far.

Once that's done, if it's rich at light throttle you can once again try lowering the float level to delay the start of the mains.

Are you pretty sure the primary jetting is good now? The fact that you opened your PVCR might allow you to drop the main jet size. To test, stay out of the secondaries and never allow the power valve to open, and drive in every conceivable condition while meeting these two requirements. That will give you a good idea. It will also tell you if you've selected the proper power valve.

Basically, it's a balancing act as airflow increases. The idle circuit hands off to the transition circuit, and that hands off to the main circuit. Too much overlap or not enough...that's what we're fighting. The very hardest thing to get right is the very light throttle cruise, as we try to make a high performance engine behave itself while making 20 horsepower. Hang in there - the results are worth the work!