Quote:

My biggest concern would be the rings/bores, I pull the plugs, spray WD-40 in each cylinder, and crank away. Since the fuel has evaporated out of the carb it's going to crank a long time until the fuel system is primed and working. Been doing this for many years on an old hobby car and it still runs hard.

Started a 318 that had been sitting 20+ years. Pulled the plugs, gave each hole several squirts of motor oil from a pump-oiler type oil can, and cranked it several revoloutions. Put plugs back in, primed carb, and fired it right up. Had one lifter that ticked for 10 to 20 seconds, then it sounded fine. This was in an A100 van that had not been licensed or inspected for 23 years!!! Of course, I was using a jug with the fuel hose running into it, not the tar that was in the tank. And I did swap distributors rather than mess with the corroded old points.

Buy a Hybrid!! I need your gas!!! Currently spending $1,000 a month to feed the Hemis!! Looking for that elusive CHEAP 71-72 Plymouth B-body 2 door OR 71-72 Coronet 4 door!!!