Quote:

Bigblock340power here playing with Danans computer.
What does the gear drive Co. say about install.? Did you call the gear drive Co. about your problems? Something has to be different about the thickness or a counter sink of the crank gear. You didn't have this problem before you put the gear drive on, did you?

I didnt have this problem before. I initially had a magnum timing cover and it worked fine. Then I decided to run the LA cover to run the serpentine system I wanted. That's when I discovered the problem.
Crank gear runs the same thickness and position on the crank shoulder as any timing chain. I measured over and over to make sure.

The problem is definitely the timing tab on the cover. But is it really a problem? I mean, dampers come in so many different diameters now...and they are all listed as a "smallblock mopar damper". They dont give you all the little details. I've seen dampers in the 6ish inch range all the way to well ove 7 inches.

But one thing I did not forsee is that the magnum timing cover, and this LA cover I have now each have a timing tab that is a different distance from the crank centerline. This LA cover is closer and the magnum timing tab was further away. My balancer didnt hit.

So I figured the best way to go about it since it wont hurt my pulley alignment was to make a spacer that could sit between the crank gear and balancer hub this way the ring doesnt hit the tab.