Quote:

Checked the dist today and the advance is operable, I put some suction on it and it moves, but for the life of me I do not have a clue where the timing tab is, I have looked high and low and the only thing I have found is what look's like a metal tab sticking out under the water pump and there is no way to put a light on it if in fact that is the timing tab,,,I did find what I believe is the carb number stamped on the left rear (driver side) of the lower flange,, those number's are 9036S 290 5 does those number's mean anything to anyone?
In response to a previous post, there was not an air pump on this motor when I got it but that don't mean there wasn't one before, there is some sort of fitting/hole,gnarly looking thing in the bottom of the manifold, isn't that the port for the EGR valve??

You're right about the EGR. Don't know what I was thinking. I've never set the timing on a motorhome but I know that there is a 1+" hole in the top of the bell housing to shine your light thru.

Re: the advance. Do the weights move too? I think the vacuum can move the plate even if the weights are seized but I've already been wrong today. Something else to check.

Kevin