Quote:

Quote:

This topic has been gone over a few times over the years.........You guys are making this way too complicated........

The FACT is, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to run one of his cams unless you're going to race your car in the Pure Stock races AND want to be certified..........Otherwise, call someone like Dwayne Porter and have one ground.........It WILL run better AND you'll even get the cam card.........

that's pretty much my conclusion...his camshaft design is optimized for the rules of the class he races in, and compromises were made to fit those rules. if you aren't bound by those rules, there are probably better cams out there for you.

The rules of the class are also consistent with anyone using an otherwise stock engine.....stock unported heads, manifolds, etc. etc. So while Bob's cam is designed for PSMCDR, it works very well in any otherwise stock B or RB engine. Are there better cams out there? maybe,but if you plan on using manifolds, etc. I would imagine his works as well or better than anything else. After all he spent the last 41 years figuring it out!

As far as the rules go, if you read the whole thing, his cams are PS legal and NO, they aren't the same as the stock cam that was installed back in 1969.

As I said earlier, I don't care what the specs are (though I have no issue with those that do), all I know is all the fastest PS cars use his cam and it WORKS. 12.09 on bias plys? I thought Jim S. even ran an unofficial 11.97......that's all I need to know.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]