Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just got my car fired back up with the rebuilt trans, converter,cooler and lines and got it filled up with fluid all gears work except reverse? Any ideas? I havent got ahold of the tranny guy yet. He is 4 hours away from me!

The low/reverse band circuit is the problem. Look at the rear servo,rear band strut, or a valve body issue. The servo and band can be air checked with the valve body removed. You may find a cocked or broken piston,missing band strut,or incorrect adjustment. As metioned some trans brake valve bodys need the brake applied to engage reverse.
Good luck Doug

Can I see all that by pulling just the pan or do I have to pull the valve body or should I just pull the trans back out and start from there? [/quote
Yes the valve body would have to come out. All bands and clutches can be tested with air. My diagnosis was based on the fact that 3rd gear works correctly. If not I would air check the front clutch passage. 3rd and reverse both use the high/forward clutch . The low/reverse band is only used in reverse with a Chettah valve body.
Doug