Quote:

Hey guys, I have a question if you could answer it. I just went to a 727 race transmission with a ton of aftermarket parts in it I drove it around the block and shifts fine. The problem I have is It seems a little soft shifting into 2nd gear. No slip at all and I have adjusted the front band. The transmission shifts real hard into 3rd gear but it just feels a little soft into 2nd. This is a old Turbo Action Manual valve body. I have not really shifted it under full power yet. It does have a pretty high 8" stall in it about 5500. Any ideas ?

Make sure the shifter is adjusted correctly before driving the car agian, the linkage end should drop into the shifter arm easily in all three forward gears, adjust as needed to make sure it does that As far as soft shifting in 1st to 2nd gear what RPM did you shift it at? Maybe the converter is masking the shift some Take that rascal out(somewhere safely) and shift it at WOT above the stall RPM of the converter(after checking the shifter adjustment) and see how it does there Let us know your results BTW when they shift real hard into high gear that is usually a sign of not disengaging the 2nd gear all the way before engaging 3rd gear Some of the cars will seem harsh on that shift if your off of the throtle when shifting into high gear, depending on what RPM you make that shift at

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)