Quote:

Quote:

I dont think I have ever seen a rev kit for a Mopar

There's a pic of a BB Isky setup in Andy's book.

The purpose of the valvespring is to get all the components back to their static or closed position after a valve event. This includes the valve, locks, retainer, rocker, pushrod and lifter. Furthermore, it has to do this without leaving any gap between the components which would result in damage.

Any spring would do the job except that as the ramp rate, lift and speed increases, so does the momentum of all the components. It takes a lot of pressure to stop all those things dead in their tracks and then push them the other way!

A rev kit has springs between the heads and the lifters and the purpose is to keep the lifters in contact with the cam. As a result, the valvesprings no longer have to deal with lifter weight so the valvespring pressures can be decreased. How much would be determined by the pressure of the rev kit springs.

Still, quality valvetrain components will yield good results without having to go the rev kit route. I'd bet that less than 1% of the Mopar roller setups out there are using rev kits.

I know what they are but never even knew they made
them for a Mopar.... I really doubt they would even
make one for the SB with the angle on the PR... I
never planned on using one, I just never seen one
for a Mopar... my springs have 250 seat and about
640 open... its a little less than I'm use to running
but the engine I'm building now will only run to
like 7200 rpm... real low for me