Quote:

My son wants more power and a bigger cam in his 71 340 Demon. Currently has an old hyd 268 Magnum cam (180 lbs crankng compression)and a Crosswind (Professional Products?) intake. 99% street car with 727 auto, 355 gears, Dougs headers, manual brakes, mopar performance dist, 770 street avenger holley and a mild stall wich power brakes to around 2400. I told him to install the LD340 intake we already have but he wants to put a single plane on it along with a Mopar hyd 508(?) cam/lifter kit while retaining the stock rockers and springs. I'm not sure this would be the hot set and would need new springs at least, so I am asking for your proven combos. Thanks Moparts members

You are already on the right path! Tweak the ignition a bit more and "optimize" your present setup,
BEFORE you start making other changes. It may surprise you for the better!! The bigger '508 cam and single plane WILL need the higher stall converter and gears to increase performance BUT it will reduce the "streetability" of the combo. Depends on how fast vs how far (in cruising) he wants to go!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)