I would guess that it's too small of a job and most resto type shops won't want to do such a small job, since it's only a day or 2 worth of work for them.

and "new body shops" prefer insurance work.

I won't promise anything, but give Pat Aldrich a call @ 937 222 3633 tell him that Tom Filbert told you to call.

he does restoration work only, and does not mind taking on small projects. however, when I left him back in December, he was very busy and low on manpower so he might be backed up. small company, excellent customer service and communication, and he treats every car like it's his own. Several times he made me do something over because he wasn't happy with the quality of the work, and he did NOT charge the customer for the extra time. I know because I saw the time sheets--always made me feel like a scumbag, documenting that I worked 40 hours but he only billed 25-30 to the customer.

they are located in Dayton OH, and although he specializes in Packards, when I left he had taken on 2 Thunderbirds, and an Olds Starfire 'vert, and he expressed a desire to get into other markets.

...face it, when you specialize in 55/56 Packard Carribean Convertibles, and they only made 500 or so each year...that's a pretty small market!

anyway, give him a call, I have no doubt that he could do a top quality job at a fair price for you. Like I said tell him I sent you.

note: I used to work there as a general mechanic for him until I decided that I wasn't using my skills and training to it's fullest and I left to pursue a different career path, and there were no hard feelings between us, and we parted on good terms.

**Photobucket sucks**