Quote:

Hey guys! My magnum 360 that I just installed is having issues let me explain what is going on. The motor has 190 miles on it(breaking it in). Today I was out in the country breaking it in and decided to let it rip, so I got on it from a start and went all the way through the gears WOT. As soon as I let off and got back on it for cruising speeds(50mph) it was running really rough and vibrating. Took it to the house and it was barely even running. I checked for spark issues and found that it was very weak. I took the cap off the distributor and found the shaft have way way to much play in it so I replaced it with a new one and still..started it up and it barely runs. Has 60psi oil press when cruising and about 35psi at low idle in gear. No weird noises or anything. Oil is nice and clean. I checked all the spark plugs and they arent broken or anything.

P.S. Heres the motor build: magnum 360, ported rhs heads, forged pistons(9.4 compression), eddy carb, airgap intake, headers, 0.525 lift roller cam.

Thanks for all of the help guys!!!

Sounds like either a fuel problem, or possibly a bad vacuum leak, make sure it didn't pop an intake gasket or a hose isn't disconnected, also make sure the carb is getting fuel & didn't suck up crap in the idle curcuit.

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU