Quote:

Thanks for all the responces guys. I've got a good idea as what needs to be done now. I just need to get my gas bottle for my welder filled and some metal for the mounts.

Those custom made mounts are nice and the best way to do it, I guess.

You mention that you got to get your bottle filled, etc. Then spend a afternoon building mounts, it don't always need to be done.

I have a welder sitting around with plenty of gas, I choose to use scrap metal laying around the shop and did it this way. It took me a couple hours to figure it out and actually mount the car. I was working on the car the same day I mounted it.

Sure it is chessy but got the job done with plenty of safety to spare. The car mounted on the rotisserie was on 2 roll backs and inside my enclosed trailer for a total of about 100 miles and it never moved. The car was painted on the rotisserie.

I mounted the rear to the spring mount holes, I like how I could get everything blasted clean except for asmall area.

My mounting was fast and cheap and I spent my time working on the car. I have mounted 2 cars with these chessey brackets and have NOT spent any time or money on my welder.

I only had to drill 4 holes in my mounting arms and that was it.

This car was pretty rusty, don't know about bolting to the back?

These are the scrap brackets I used. They already had the nuts welded on it, I ran a 1/2" bolt thru it and clamped them onto the frame rails, worked fine and I swear the car never moved during all that handling. Just saying you don't have to fab up fancy brackets to get your car mounted.