Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

RPM AIR GAP ????

Don't all big block mopar wedge engines have an "AIR GAP" intake by DEFAULT ????

just thinking out loud

At the risk of starting a big brawl I'll say that I do not think the big block Performer RPM intakes are "air gaps". It is true that they have an air space under them, but I think the term "air gap" means that the exhaust gas crossover has been eliminated. The SB "air gap" has an actual air gap on the sides of the intake. The BB intakes have the crossover connected. A Victor, or Super Victor intake for the BB are "air gaps" since the crossover has been eliminated. Anyway, that is my take on the subject. I think that Edelbrock also views the subject this way since they have both a Perf RPM for the SB (#7161) that has the crossover, and they have an Airgap RPM (#7576) without the crossover. The BB version is called an RPM not an airgap since it has the crossover.

Thanks for clearing that up , I didn't know there was such an intake available .

whoops , I read your reply wrong Andy , you were talking about the differences in the SMALLBLOCK MANIFOLD , I thought there was such an animal as an AIR GAP RPM for a BIG BLOCK , but there IS NOT according to the link Ron posted ?

back on topic ...