Quote:

Have you run a leakdown test yet?

I have asked around but I dont know where to get one. Maybe I'll check with NAPA or Car Quest stores. I have never used one of these.

***MISTAKE*** I wrote that I have 88cc Eddy heads, They are actually the 84cc heads, and they ARE closed chamber.

Ahy mentioned that he broke in an engine with an over rich carb and he wasted the rings. He said that the edges were sharp. This is interesting. My conventional wisdom leads me to think that damaged rings would be rounded off. This is what I need... good advice from guys who have been there. In the event that I DO pull the motor to dissect, Besides the rings, is it common to have bad valve guides that suck oil but still allow high compression #s? Last year when replacing the valve stem seals I noticed some valve stem wear, so I pulled the heads to take to the machine shop. 7 Intake valves had stem wear and one exhaust valve as well. I mentioned this to some car guys that wondered how the stainless valves got worn without damaging the softer bronze valve guides that the Edelbrocks have. That issue has had me wonder as well.