Quote:

This ones for you John and please enjoy the laugh . My name is Mark and I'm a Mopar addict. It is my drug of choice. I've been informed that this disease is incurable. Last fall I paid 10K for an 048. Yes 10K ! I believe that's an all time record. At times it sickens me to see what some parts sell for but this is my hobby and if I can save a few bucks to buy what I want so be it. I always justify it by saying I could be pouring the money down the urinal or up in smoke. Of course the 048 came bolted to a barn fresh 1967 GTX. That 048 is going to be used in my 68 Charger when I install the new crate Hemi in it some day. Not too long ago, Bob at Glen-Ray hooked me up with a super great deal on an original correct 67 Hemi radiator for the 67 GTX (THANKS Bob!). Although it was a deal I couldn't refuse, I'm radiator poor now...I looked for a deal on an 048 for nearly 18 months and the cheapest one I found was $800.00 and most likely probably would have needed a core as it was completely original. The only other 048 I've seen for sale has been the 048 in the Moparts parts section for 1K. To the OP, if you have to have the correct numbers, sell the 054 and then pay the differnce and have Bob at Glen-Ray build you a new 048 you won't regret it . I sure miss the days of old combing the junkyards and usually finding the parts you needed, unfortunately those days are long behind us.

I'm laughing at you because you can't READ ... I said no one is going to pay 1K for an 054 needing a recore/restore ...