Quote:

This may make me seem like an A$$ but if you dont know the design properties and application uses of a Dykes ring vs. a std ring, you have no business building a Hemi. There are other aspects of Hemi assembly (set up) that need consideration that are'nt as baisic as ring type.

Thanks to everyone for the information. And, I don't think you are an A$$ any more than anyone else from NY.

For the record, I've built quite a few engines in my 30 year career although pretty much all for the street. They include the 1,000 HP, blown, 572 inch, BME aluminum rod, pump gas street hemi in the streetrod in my icon (this will give people a chance to talk about how you can't use aluminum rods on the street) and a 900 HP, 572 inch, 12.5:1, pump gas street hemi with a proprietary cam grind (this is so you can talk about how you can't use high compression with pump gas). None of the others are as interesting although I do have a 1,000 hp twin turbo injected SB Chivy engine in the hopper.

But alas, I had never seen or heard of Dykes rings. It seems I learn something new every day.

And, I'm going to go the route of having the pistons recut.

Thank you all very much!

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net