Quote:

Not even anywhere near close.

My old " typical build" 422 W5 motor went 9.85 at 3400 pounds. That was on leafs and a very crude low buck suspension, so no help Et wise with anything exotic suspension wise. Take 700 pounds off that and ypou are what..9 teens??????

I will call BS on that one.
We don't race dynoes or hypothetical situations. In a perfect world you "might" have run those #'s but I HIGHLY doubt it. There is a lot more to tuning a combo then just subtracting weight. For example, my overachieving 555ci runs high 5.2x at 2850#. It only ran .13-.15 faster at 2400#. So your theory is bogus there. 100# = .1 does not always work. It just takes more effort in a sub 10sec car.
Your combo ran good for what it was, but like you said just a "typical build"

As you know I have a dyno sheet from a w5 built from 15 years ago that shows 741hp. I have no reason to believe it was not accurate. That motor went .99x 60' in a 23 Tbucket before I bought it. It was hurt multiple times and had cam swap. It ran a best of 9.08 @ 149 @ 2650# with a burned up pg and questionable convertor.
IIRC that showed 699hp on Wallace calculator which is only atool as it can not take into account all of the variables. No way to measure but I would guess at least 20-25% parasitic loss. Do the math...

All that said, I do believe the right builder could come close to 800hp in a max effort W5 build.

but who would want to??

6437443-front.jpg (93 downloads)