Quote:

Can caltracs be used with stock springs? Or do some leafs need to be removed? Or do you have to buy the calvert split leaf spring? I'm way behind the curve, just using pinion snubber and stock hp or superstocks in my different 4spd b-bodys. Also Any axle tube twisting trouble with the caltracs?

They should work fine with your stock leaf springs - and you probably won't have to change the perches. If you do stay with your stock perches, you might want to consider boxing in the open ends for a little more strength. If you go with the their single leaf springs, you will probably have to weld on new perches as the pinion angle will change - over 8 degrees when I did my late B. If so, I suggest you purchase their purches . Also when I did mine, I went with their "standard" height springs ( they make a +1" and - 1" spring ). My car sat 1" higher with their "standard" height spring. Take that with a grain of salt though as there are a lot of variables with that - how beat out your old springs are, car actual weight, etc. I've only been out once since I made the change from a snubber and front section clipped together and so far only saw about a .004 60' change. I was hoping for a tenth. Still gotta play with them a bit though ( preload and tire pressures ) and my car only runs high 11's. I'm sure a faster car would show much more improvement.

6418764-caltrac10.jpg (190 downloads)

Fastest 300