Quote:

Building a 528 14-71 blown hemi. Which is best to use in this situation a gear or belt drive?? I've had very good service out of gear drives in my swmallblocks. Hemi will not be a street engine but will not be max'd out either.

I have not heard a 14:71 driven on the street with mufflers so I'm not sure how much noise they will make, probally depends if you underdrive or overdrive it My point is that the gear drives make noise, the blowers make noise and some people, especially the street car people are impress by both visual and audible inputs I have built several blown 426 Street Hemi, ran them on the engine dyno but not in the cars, one was a Motech EFI with a Littlefield stage 3 10:71 499 C.I. all alulmium KB block and the other was another stage 3 Littefield with a set of 1050 CFM Carb Shop blower domiator carbs,484 C.I. new iron mopar 426 block, both surged around 600 RPM hgh to low at idle at first until I tuned the surge out of them I had to tune the surging back into both motors for the owners after the dyno testing

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)