I recieved the March 2011 Mopar Muslce magazine several weeks ago, I don't subscribe to it but I get it because a freind of mine gave me a gift subscribition to it last year for Christmas.
I read the article on how to set up a 8 3/4 rear end, I saw a error on using shims on the carrier bearings to adjust the ring gear backlash on page 36, picture # 10 All 8 3/4 rear ends, drop outs, pigs or whatever you want to call the center section use the stock bearing adjusters to set both the carrier bearing preload and the ring gear backlash
I call the magazine to point the error out and none of the people at that rag cared that there was a error in thier magazine, so much for dedication to accuracy
I sincerely hope this error does not mislead any new enthusiast
Another incident of magazines articles not being accurate or their Editors or publishers taking the neccessary actions to correct or prevent future errors Not a good way to start the new year off rant OFF EDIT, I'm glad I'm not paying for that magazine. Any other comments on this or simialr articles in any magazines

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 01/08/11 04:33 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)