Hey Guys,
I've been wondering about this situation for a few months and thought I'd run it by the experts on this board to get some ideas.

Car is a 1970 Super Bee 440-6. All stock equipment. It gets started and driven about once a week or so on average. The concern I have is that the cranking time it takes to get it to fire up after sitting seems long to me. It seems to take maybe 15 seconds of cranking to get fuel up to the carb to fire up. Once it is started the first time, it runs ok and any "hot starts" for the remainder of the day fire up on the very first crank. But after it's sat again for 3 or 4 days, it's the same process over again.

Sometimes I pour a shot of gas in the primary to prime it and this seems to work fine. I've also verified there are no "external" fuel leaks.

My question is -- where is the gas going? The fuel in the bowl (and in the lines/filter as well) seem to disappear or drain back to the tank after sitting for a few days.

I've done a little searching on the net and have seen cases on other makes where carbs can leak into the engine, evaporate or just boil off after shutdown...

What do you guys think? What could I look for to see if there is a problem and if so, what it might be? I was thinking of adding an electric fuel pump to prime the carb quicker before starting, but this is more a workaround. Or is this normal behavior for some carbs?

Thanks a lot ... this one has me really puzzled.

I appreciate your ideas on this one!

--Stan