The other day I was thinking about some 3 second passes as it was being discussed by some internet racers. They were talking about " easy 3's" once this gets fixed, that gets fixed and so forth. Now friends, its one thing to run a low 4.20 or so. Its another to run a 3-anything! Its funny how people throw around the ETs like they are on the shelf at WalMart just to purchase when ready...

Sooo, being winter, thought it would be cool to throw some video's up there for fun, and you can make a pass inside a 3 second Pro Top Outlaw car. These cars are pretty cool, still on a very grassroots sportsman level, ( for most, not ALL..lol)and certainly fast.

The first link is our car, with Bob Frigon driving his Spitzer 451" Hemi, against the new ET record at the time, Sheldon Bissesar of Trinidad. Although Bob got treed a bit, he was charging hard with the " kitchen sink" tune up...
Bon set the class MPH record on the same run as Sheldon set the ET record.Bob usually hits the tree hard, was just not in the cards that day. Its racing.

Scott Koffel is a big part of this Pro Outlaw series and deserves much credit for his behind the scenes efforts, along with the Lake Erie Monster.Anyone with any interest of helping sponsor the Pro Top Outlaw class for 2011, can get ahold of Scott as well ( I know...I know..shameless plug )

The second video is the in car pass from Sheldons car. As you can see, this " easy 3 second" thing isnt quite so easy. Not your mothers' Oldsmobile.

Whats really cool about these guys is for the most part they all just get along, actually talk to each other at the races, no egos, no BS, and you can see at the end Bob is the first guy to come congratulate the winner. Its a cool deal.If someone needs a part, there are often many people offering up their help, even if it means getting taken out.

These cars are NOT screw blower cars either. Just throwing it out there for some Winter fun....carry on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Ka4L3Uwqw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agtKMlejjKM&NR=1

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.