I bought a rebuilt SB 727 trans with a manual valve body some time ago. I finally got my street rod running with this trans. I did a test run around the block. I have NO REVERSE. Park, nuetral, and 1,2 & 3 all work. I can't find the guy who did the rebuild. I disconnected my shift linkage and put the trans in reverse with the trans lever and still no reverse. I pulled the pan and the valve body. Everything looks like new. It appears to have a transgo-2 shift kit which I found out is not a full manual shift as it still has the kick down\ throttle shaft. Due to a design error I have no access for connecting up the kick down linkage to the carburetor. The low\reverse band is all ok and the adjustment correct. With the valve body off I blew 30 psi air into the trans casing ports and the rear and front servos actuate. Also I hear a thud when applying 30 psi to the front and rear clutch ports.
What I really want is a full manual (reverse shift pattern) with 1st gear braking. But before spending any more money I want to get the reverse issue fixed.
1) Could not connecting the kick down/throttle linkage cause no reverse??
2) Can I modify this valve body and make it full manual, with reverse shift pattern and 1st gear braking?
Don
"5.7 Hemi Street Rod"